GAN Payments through Google AdSense
    I got an email from my account manager and a call from a support person, requesting that I sign up for a beta of linking my GAN and AdSense accounts and getting my affiliate payments through AdSense. Anyone else get this? What's your take?

I expressed some concerns about whether I would continue to get paid twice a month or just once a month if I did this. I was told that it would only be once a month, but that it would be much faster. HUH? I asked several times how that could be, but never got anything but general platitudes.

They told me that everyone will be switching to this in about 3 months, so I can either sign up now or get it forced on me in 3 months.

GAN is already pretty much the slowest paying affiliate network out there. I'm not very excited about these changes.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I got an email from my account manager and a call from a support person, requesting that I sign up for a beta of linking my GAN and AdSense accounts and getting my affiliate payments through AdSense. Anyone else get this? What's your take?
    What about GAN affiliates who do not participate in AdSense at all nor wish to do so?

I don't like this arrangement.

P.S. I prefer checks
    Last edited by Rhia7; June 17th, 2009 at 04:07 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

15 years and counting
    That's a stupid request.
    Why should we accept that?
    Are they thinking they have a monopoly?

They told me that everyone will be switching to this in about 3 months, so I can either sign up now or get it forced on me in 3 months.
    What about GAN affiliates that don't use AdSense or are there none?

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    I've been waiting for the opportunity to have the earnings combined for a while since GAN doesn't have direct deposit for me and Adsense does. I hope I won't experience the usual roll-out delay since normally people in USA get all the new features right away whereas us international publishers normally get access after the buzz wears off.

I heard from one affiliate who was kicked out of AdSense years ago and now Google won't open another AdSense account for him to receive GAN payments...

Pretty silly, if you ask me.

I just heard that Google is starting to kick out those affiliates who can't get an AdSense account...

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneVincent
    I just heard that Google is starting to kick out those affiliates who can't get an AdSense account...
    and the source is?

ABW Ambassador
    And after that they will combine it with AdWords. So AdWords can take money out of Gan/Adsense. It will complete the circle.

Affiliate Manager
    Very interesting news.
    In fact, I just got some update about the Google Prodcut ad beta, which let the GAN merchant to launch text adverts in Google search in CPA model. In fact Google launch some CPA product in its big client before, but then deactivated that product after buying Double Click and got through in the US gorvenment.

Can I look forward that more and more adwords advertiser will be available soon ? lol

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread