Hello!
    This is my first post in this forum and first of all I'd like to thank the owner of ABW and all forum visitors for creating such great community.

Now I want to ask your advice. I have an antivirus site and try to promote antiviruses via CJ and Linkshare. But results I think are awful. This is my CJ stat:

ADVERTISER REVENUE SALES LEADS CLICKS
    GoToMyPC $0.00 0 0 244
    Kaspersky $0.00 0 0 591
    Marketscore $3.50 1 1 226
    my-eTrust.com $14.96 1 0 90
    PandaSoftware $19.47 4 0 726
    ---------------------------------------------
    Totals $37.94 6 1 1,880

Most of my links are "Click here to buy..." texts. So I can't belive that hundreds of visitors coming from search engines and looking for antiviruses don't buy this software.

I also participate in McAfee affiliate program in Linkshare. In 2002 I used to get one sale in 70 clicks. In 2003 one sale = 140 clicks. This year I sent more than 300 clicks and have only one sale.

I can't understand the reason of such poor results. In 2002 I had one Panda Antivirus sale for 25 clicks, but now I almost forgot when I made last Panda's sale.
    I wrote a letter asking for advises from Kaspersky labs' and McAfee's affiliate managers, but never got reply from them.

Now only AdSense is salvation for me.

So I need your help. Can you give me recommendations about good and honest antivirses merchants. Thank you.

---
    Igor

First of all I like to Welcome you to ABW

you are correct... in your conversion ratios...

I have seen a large drop in the conversion ratios of the anti-virus products I market...

I the problem is Norton has decided to spam the network with there products...

here is what has happened...

Norton has partnered with several email bulk mailers, they have also partnered with several smaller networks.. that specialize in promoting brand name products at cut rate prices...

this has created a senerio where the consumer knows there is a better price out there they just have to find it...

Plus there has been a 100% increase in the nuber of website on the net for eash of the last several years... this also is deluting conversion ratios.

I am talking about North American customers.

Joe

And, that's the bottom line because it's my2cents!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    What's up?

---
    Igor

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    You pushing a complete dead verticle full of spammers and Ad Whore mindset merchants. GotoMyPc is a joke to promote as they serve billions of house account cookie setting Ads per month on portal pages. (The also hidden bundle shitwarez in their download). Your just Shark bait and need to change or let that site die a un-natural death.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    You pushing a complete dead verticle full of spammers and Ad Whore mindset merchants. GotoMyPc is a joke to promote as they serve billions of house account cookie setting Ads per month on portal pages. (The also hidden bundle shitwarez in their download). Your just Shark bait and need to change or let that site die a un-natural death..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Mike, we can always count on you to not pull an punches...

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Now you can see why I always demand payment upfront if I attend corporate strategy meetings.

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

maybe change it gradually to a survivalist-type site; for now it is about online survival.

_____
    I earned something? Who screwed up?

It looks like Mike forgot that Advertisers read this forum too.

To set the record straight:
    1) GoToMyPC is not a part of the antivirus vertical but is sometimes a relevant ad to post on Web sites related to technology, travel, business, shopping and personal productivity.
    2) GoToMyPC runs ads through CJ, Be Free and our in-house program. Our in-house tracking does not overwrite CJ or Be Free cookies. As a result we actually pay for some referrals twice instead of just once.
    3) GoToMyPC has never ever had any any third party software of any kind bundled in its download.
    4) GoToMyPC is far from death since the growing success of the product has enabled us to spend far more money on ads than ever. In fact I'm open to any proposals that will help me spend the remaining million dollars in this quarter's ad budget.

Ben Kiblinger
    GoToMyPC
    benk@expertcity.com
    https://www.gotomypc.com/partners.tmpl

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread