Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    North Carolina
    HostGator Unable to Send Outgoing Mail
    I use HG for hosting and I setup Mozilla Thunderbird client for my email. I can always receive mail, but in the past few weeks, I get an SMTP error when trying to send out email. I chat with HG support and confirm my settings and they have no idea.

The odd part is that I try randomly to send out email through out the day. Sometimes it goes and sometimes it doesn't. So the problem is not consistent. Right now, for example, I can't send out an email.

One of the times I keep trying and it will eventually work. Again, this started a few weeks ago. I know quite a few of you use HG for hosting so there's a chance you have had a similar problem.

South East Asia
    It could be your ISP is having network issues.

I had the same problem and the only way I found around it was to sign up for smtp2go (which works).

Affiliate Network Rep ayakobing's Avatar
    Baltimore, MD
    I had the same problem on and off for a while as well. I did not look into it for alternation solutions though....

I have found that by setting up all my email to go through GMAIL I can send and receive from any account and it has the best spam filter. The other reason I like using GMAIL is that I can get my email from any computer anywhere and have all the files I need at my fingertips.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread