Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    http://www.searchenginewatch.com/sea...le.php/3314171

Roll out officially starts today, been seeing some of it already. Good luck everybody, so far it's looking great

I work in lounge pants

ABW Ambassador
    Some interesting things in the article:

"In a surprising move, Yahoo isn't replacing Google with Inktomi. Rather, the company has developed a brand new search engine," http://search.yahoo.com/

"Today's launch is the beginning of a progressive rollout that will take place over the next few weeks."

"While Yahoo and Google are likely using similar algorithms, one reason for the differences in what's displayed is that Yahoo's email and search teams are now working together to leverage what they've learned about spam. Since Yahoo mail processes billions of email messages, this knowledge is likely quite helpful in providing Yahoo with a much deeper understanding of the characteristics of spam -- and helping keep the nasty stuff out of the web page index."

"The Yahoo Search index is capturing the full text of web pages, up to a 500K limit. This is greater than the 101K maximum indexed by Google."

The article said they're not replacing Google with INK but any INK PFI gets in the index.

I work in lounge pants

It's beautiful!!!

ABW Ambassador
    Same traffic so far ....

I like the idea about matching up the spam messages to the domains that are responsible for sending them. I'm hoping that Yahoo! makes sure they find the party responsible for the spam, and not someone who's domain has been inserted.

If they are able to remove the domains responsible for spam from their index, good for them! That certainly earns them a few extra points in my book!

Andy

YAHOO LOVES ME!!!!

THEY LOVE ME, LOVE ME, LOVE ME!!!

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

hehe, the domain I sold is still in #1 and #2 for my favorite seach term and my new domain (where I moved my content after selling) is now in the running at position #5

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

Now that’s more like it! Yahoo actually shows many and I mean many people linked to my sites.

It’s about time!

SandraR
    <font size="1" face="Arial">| SSAN &amp; AIM: SSanAssistance | MSN &amp; Yahoo: SSan_Assistance |</font></p>

Looks like a mix of Ink and Fast global index from here. There are moves on the PFI side too, which those of you who have Search Submit renewals approaching need to be aware of. We'll have to wait and see if they do an L$ on us, but the grapevine says they are....

slurp came by last month and grabbed some pages, but overall I still don't see my site anywhere in inktomi results.

I hope yahoo cranks up the bot aggressiveness and frequency to something like the googlebots.

anyone know how long it usually takes before showing up in inktomi results? or an easy way to check if you're in the index like google with site:domain.com or allinurl:domain.com?

Lately though it seems people are finding my site through tons of specific searches through google.. and my daily traffic has been increasing though, I hope now that the switch is official it doesn't drop off until I can get properly indexed by yahoo

Yahoo is the same as MSN and INK

domain:www.yoursitename.com

To see links to your site use

linkdomain:www.yoursitename.com

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, Yahoo is going to have there own PFI separate from INK PFI.

So if you paid for pages to get in MSN/INK, they'll still be in MSN and for the next couple of months in Yahoo. Then after that those paid listings will be gone from Yahoo and you'll have to PFI to get your pages in there, and the pages you paid to get into INK/MSN will still be in the MSN index.

If you're in free in both Yahoo and MSN, you're in good shape.

I work in lounge pants

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If you're in free in both Yahoo and MSN, you're in good shape.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ABW Ambassador
    I'm glad i don't do SEO for other people for a living, would drive me

So now we got
    Google
    MSN/INK
    Yahoo - Another SE for the professional SEO'ers to try and figure out the algo.

All i know is traffic is up and a couple of merchants here will be very happy

ABW Ambassador
    Looking great for me so far. Be interesting to see what the future holds, though. Will Yahoo gradually "lose interest" in their free SE listings - focusing on PFI and such instead??

Yet another crazy chapter in the search engine wars.

Jim

ABW Ambassador
    Time will tell, i don't think they'll lose too much interest in the free listings, they need those to be relevant and with Google promoting how many pages they have indexed, Yahoo would want to keep them in. They'll definetly push PFI more and it is good for getting pages in quickly and for the 48 hr. refresh. Have to wait and see how much $$$ and the rest of the details for the Yahoo PFI.

Should be an interesting year, i still think Google will become a portal (ala MSN, Yahoo) later this year/early next to keep up.

I work in lounge pants

On a general public demographic, ads served jumped 14.285% yesterday (on a base figure in the tens of thousands). The CTR dipped slightly as a percentage, but stayed on the high side of the normal range.

These sites do not cloak for the various engines, nor were there any changes made to them in the past few weeks. The base number was calculated from records of a few previous Tuesdays to eliminate any day-of-the-week differences.

Viva La Inktomi ! It's about time Yahoo changed things up a bit. I love it.

Looking good so far. I'm getting more traffic from Yahoo than Google on a couple of sites. I hope this sticks

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    --Mark Twain

I don't see as many spammy sites in Yahoo as I do in Google, yet for most of the search terms I'm utilizing, I see a higher level of relevancy.

I'd say Google has its work cut out for it if Yahoo keeps this up. More pages indexed is one thing, but if you can't find what you want, that's something else!

I am glad to see a little more competition in the SE world, now.

Andy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSanf:
    YAHOO LOVES ME!!!!

THEY LOVE ME, LOVE ME, LOVE ME!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm digging this update as well! I'm seeing ALOT of new yahoo traffic!

YAHOO for YAHOO!!!

-----------------------------
    Scott

Have a nice day unless you have other plans

ABW Ambassador
    I've seen a big increase in traffic today also,
    coming from yahoo. I feel like yelling:
    YIPPEE YAHOO!!! Getting more traffic from Yahoo
    than I ever got from Google.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    I am glad to see a little more competition in the SE world, now.

Agreed.

Still amazes me how only 3 or four search engines in this infinite world of internet. I think by now there should have been atleast 10 or 12. I know its expensive and eventually somebody buys out somebody else, but we need more competition amongs SE's

I hope yesterday was an indication of the future... My traffic went through the roof and I had one of the best days I've ever had...

Yahoooooo.....

CDC

I Can't Complain But Sometimes I Still Do

it seems i was right a week ago (http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=4006014565) when i said till will happen earlier

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast