ABW Ambassador
    Thumbs down City requires Facebook passwords
    “Please list any and all, current personal or business Web sites, Web pages or memberships on any Internet-based chat rooms, social clubs or forums, to include, but not limited to: Facebook, Google, Yahoo, YouTube.com, MySpace, etc.,” states a city waiver form applicants are asked to sign. Three lines are provided for applicants to list log-in information for each site.

Bozeman, Montana

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Why not give them access to your house and throw in the car keys

That's kind of like asking "Can we have your ATM pin number so we can make sure you aren't involved in laundering money or other illegal activity?" There are proper ways to conduct background checks into this sort of thing and none of it involves needing someone's password.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

it's an intelligence test... if you provide the info: you fail the test and get the job

However, Bozeman’s city commissioners are exempt from the policy because elected officials aren’t subjected to the same background check as city employees, said Chuck Winn, assistant city manager.
    Go figure!!

In at least one instance, an applicant’s social-networking site figured into disqualifying the person for a job, Winn and Lachapelle said. Lachapelle said information from the site was one of several components that contributed to the decision. He declined to discuss the case more specifically, citing privacy concerns.
    Apparently City employees have no privacy, so what's his point?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by CCBerries
    it's an intelligence test... if you provide the info: you fail the test and get the job
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

I'm not sure what the concern is here.

I mean, when we signed up for ABW we had to send Haiko our bank account information, credit card numbers and PayPal passwords. Something to do with Nigeria but I can't remember the details. And we all did it without question.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bettylou

I mean, when we signed up for ABW we had to send Haiko our bank account information, credit card numbers and PayPal passwords. Something to do with Nigeria but I can't remember the details. And we all did it without question.

Quote Originally Posted by CCBerries

ROFL guys.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Nigeria? That's a borough in New York City, isn't it?
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

this is too funny.
    who comes up with this stuff?
    Jason
    [url=http://www.bhphoto.com/]B&H Photo[/url] :|: [url=http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/affiliates.jsp]Join Our Affiliate Program[/url] :|: [URL=https://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPublisherSignUp.do?air_refmerchantid=2478435]Join on CJ[/URL]
    email: Jasonn at BHphoto.com

Rumors that the previous administration tried to transfer Hillary’s district to Nigeria have been repudiated by both the previous and current administration. So New York is just as much part of the US as it aways was.....

LOL I was told that too

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Unbelievable - this story sends chills down my back. How can they even imagine they have the right to know anyone's user name, let alone their password?!!!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Unbelievable - this story sends chills down my back. How can they even imagine they have the right to know anyone's user name, let alone their password?!!!
    Prospective employees should request the logins and passwords of those who will be doing the background checks. After all, they need to do a check to make sure those individuals are trustworthy enough to deal with personal, private data properly. Right?

I guess no one bothered to read page #2 of the application.

Here some parts of page #2:

1. All applicants must provide a detailed list of all text messages ever sent through registered services.

This will help the city avoid hiring any registered text offenders.

2. All applicants must provide a details list of all groups or organization the applicant has belonged to that involve any form of music. This list should also include all music concerts ever attended by the applicant and a list of CDs currently owned by the applicant.

This will enable the city to protect its population, especially the women, from possible rappist.

3. All applicants must list all clothing, furniture, etc... owned by the applicant which contains any rips or tears and a detailed explanation on how each item got the forementioned rip or tear.

This will enable the city to protect its population from possible tear-a-rist.

4. Each applicant must list all bowel movement they have had over the past six months.

This will enable the city to hire applicants as full of crap as the rest of the city employees.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread