Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    All,

Please allow me to apologize for the, now removed, postings by Big Chuck last night and earlier this morning.

As I understand the situation, big Chuck is getting divorced (or was divorced) from his wife and out of anger and frustration thereof he is expressing his anger via highly objectionable racist channels and unfortunately he posted such objectionable material. Please allow me to state that any such material is not nor never will be allowed on ABestWeb subsequently, as per our rules, Chuck's posting rights have been removed.

I can only wish the best for Chuck in this juncture of his life.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Haiko:

Thanks for addressing the issue. I join you in wishing Chuck the best.

Karl Smith >>> phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money! >>> click here to learn more

Hopefully he will receive the professional help he so desperately needs!

I wish I had seen the posts in question (only caught the afterburn) as I would like to get a better idea of exactly where the line is on this issue.

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

I wish Big Chuck the best, and do hope he is able to pull things back together.

Andy

I will also join you in wishing Chuck all the best.

I'll just say I sure hope he never needs an operation urgently and the only doctors available are .........

Gordon YouTrek.com
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>

Just a quick question Haiko, is BigChuck banned for ever?

If he is I would just like to say that although I do not agree with what he was saying and aparently BigChuck does not agree with what he said either, it was said in anger and frustration. I would like to think that you and ABW is big enough to give him another chance.

Gordon YouTrek.com
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>

ABW Ambassador
    If he said it, he probably meant it.

Why doesn't he use his own website to spread his message?

jimbo2002 don't you ever say anything in anger and regret it a few days after? I know for sure I have.

Gordon YouTrek.com

ABW Ambassador
    Gordon, theres a big difference in what Chuck did and just saying something in anger. He took the time to get a 32x32 image and get a quote and fix his profile. It was straight up racist and a clear violation of the rules.

I work in lounge pants

Allright back to Affiliate Marketing...

Enuf.

Every single one of us has done something that we later regretted. I'm sure most criminals regret what they've done as well. No one ever realy knows if the regret is a result of being caught or if they actually regret what they've done because they wronged someone.

Personally I think Big Chuck making a public appology would suffice with a promise to never speak, promote or joke about that garbage in our presence again. BTW racism is easily combined with mob mentality. It's happened before and better people than any of us were able to forgive offenses much worse than what we've seen.

Oh, phooey. Just ban him for a specified period of time and then let him back on probation for 6 months. Heck, anybody can get out of hand under a lot of stress. Any one of us could be in a situation where we did, said or wrote something asinine. I am sure we all have been and will be again.

We have to learn to object when wrong is done and demanding correction is right. But also, we need to tolerate each others fallibility knowing that at times we will also be in dire need of toleration. And, we will also be in need of correction.

My only sorrow is that Chuck should be so unhappy inside that he expressed it in this mean and bitter way. Perhaps, we should try to encourage him to find better ways of getting rid of that unhappiness rather than casting him out.

To those he insulted, you WERE wronged and I understand and agree with your righteous anger. I do not advocate toleration of this, rather that we work toward mutual enlightenment and understanding.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

What SSanf said =

Karl Smith >>> phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money! >>> click here to learn more

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSanf:
    Oh, phooey. Just ban him for a specified period of time and then let him back on probation for 6 months. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with what Sandra said. When I was single and broke up with someone. The hate messages against all males and his particular race or whatever else I could spew about that individual came out of my mouth.

Anger goes away and then you have to live with the mean spirited things you say, normally that is punishment enough.

SandraR
    <font size="1" face="Arial">| SSAN &amp; AIM: SSanAssistance | MSN &amp; Yahoo: SSan_Assistance |</font></p>

I would be totally embarrassed and humiliated if some of the old posts I made under another name were ever discovered and made public. Thank goodness the board where I posted is now gone.

I have no excuse other than I thought it was funny at the time. It wasn't funny.

ALL have erred and gone astray!

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

I add my agreement with Ssanf and the others on this one.

He did demonstrate good intent by removing the offensive avatar and sig before being banned.

Yes, he did. I am sure he would have removed the rest of the offending posts if he had been able to but he could not.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> jimbo2002 don't you ever say anything in anger and regret it a few days after? I know for sure I have. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never have I been so angry so as to promote hatred towards entire races.
    And I have been pretty damn angry.

That's my last comment on this topic except to say some people reactions to this sure have surprised me.

Must Build More in 2004
    Game on!!!! - The DawgFather

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> jimbo2002 don't you ever say anything in anger and regret it a few days after? I know for sure I have. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. But my perception when it happened was that it was more than just saying something. I guess only Chuck really knows.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Every single one of us has done something that we later regretted. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Not me . . . unless I've just finished that 5th of vodka~!

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Entreprenuer is French for a person who cannot hold a job~!

ABW Ambassador
    There is no excuse for that type of comments.

-------------
    <font size="1">The price of Open Source is your sanity</font>

Well, it's like this. I hate it when something like this happens. (I hate it even more when it is directed against me and mine. Who doesn't?) But, I don't want vengence. I want the behavior changed.

Yes, there is no excuse. But, we have to excuse each other sometimes, anyhow. We have to do it more for our own good than for the good of the offender.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> There is no excuse for that type of comments. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I can't say anything about that because I wasn't here to see/read what Chuck said. I have an idea but it musta been pretty horrendous to be booted.

What was the gist of the upChuck? He musta been personally attacking everyone is my guess. Was he hammered or just abusive?

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Entreprenuer is French for a person who cannot hold a job~!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cyclone:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> There is no excuse for that type of comments. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I can't say anything about that because I wasn't here to see/read what Chuck said. I have an idea but it musta been pretty horrendous to be booted.

What was the gist of the upChuck? He musta been personally attacking everyone is my guess. Was he hammered or just abusive?

Brian
    aka Cyclone
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brian its simple DIVORCE causing HATE, RAGE and ANGER. Since he married outside his race he had more fodder than most getting divorced. Unfortunately the race anger has a way of getting knocked all out of proportion as usual.

Normally when one is getting divorced the bad words about fidelity and size are used more than others.

I am retired military and have seen racism by all creeds and races. Some races scream louder than others when offended.

SandraR
    <font size="1" face="Arial">| SSAN &amp; AIM: SSanAssistance | MSN &amp; Yahoo: SSan_Assistance |</font></p>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast