Thread: [SAS] Kiyonna.com - 25% Off Everything, 3 Days Only!

Outsourced Program Manager
    [SAS] Kiyonna.com - 25% Off Everything, 3 Days Only!
    Hello Everyone,

Kiyonna.com loves to spoil our customers! That is why we are offering 25% Off Everything with the Coupon Code: GOODLIFE for 3 Days Only! This deal will expire 06/22/09 at midnight and excludes spanx, jewelry and premium denim. Don't miss out on this profitable experience! For your convenience, below I have included a text link for this promotion (just replace USERID with your SAS ID). All you have to do is simply copy and paste it onto your site (this deal is in the SAS database).

Text Link:

<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=180222&u=USERID&m=293&urllink=&afftrack=">25% Off Everything with the Coupon Code: GOODLIFE at Kiyonna.com (Expires 6/22/2009)!</a>

They certainly don't give a hoot about their affiliates, so it is good to hear that they love to spoil their customers. Can you tell me why a merchant with a 60 day lock date is still holding my commissions from April?

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    They certainly don't give a hoot about their affiliates, so it is good to hear that they love to spoil their customers. Can you tell me why a merchant with a 60 day lock date is still holding my commissions from April?
    Hi 2busy,

My guess is that it's scheduled for payment on Monday, but please send details to Kiyonna - at - suluta.com so I can investigate further. We know that a 60 day wait can be tough, but unfortunately it is necessary. Quite often our consumers buy multiple items with multiple sizes, and need to return some that do not fit. This all happens within the 60 day period. Again, please feel free to send us details and we'd be more than happy to help you.

Thanks,

Mike

Hello Michael,
    I have sent all the details and Jon told me he would talk to the merchant. Kiyonna holds the sales and commissions for 60 days before they show in the stats, then they change the lock date again. My April sales are due to be paid in July. That is 107 days, not 60. Kiyonna seems to think that posting the sale in SAS means that the affiliate can run away with the commission and leave them no way to refund. They only offer refunds for 30 days from the date on the invoice so that makes the wait even sillier.

A sale should show in the stats when it occurs and if there is a reversal, there is a reversal that also shows in the stats. Their sales are hidden so that the only way I am even aware of their sales is when I stumble on them in the "Activity Details" Reports, and of course after two months when I get a commission with no sale. This makes their stats meaningless without manual calculations.

Hello Michael,
    I have sent all the details and Jon told me he would talk to the merchant. Kiyonna holds the sales and commissions for 60 days before they show in the stats, then they change the lock date again. My April sales are due to be paid in July. That is 107 days, not 60. Kiyonna seems to think that posting the sale in SAS means that the affiliate can run away with the commission and leave them no way to refund. They only offer refunds for 30 days from the date on the invoice so that makes the wait even sillier.

A sale should show in the stats when it occurs and if there is a reversal, there is a reversal that also shows in the stats. Their sales are hidden so that the only way I am even aware of their sales is when I stumble on them in the "Activity Details" Reports, and of course after two months when I get a commission with no sale. This makes their stats meaningless without manual calculations.

Hello,

Although I was unfamiliar with this particular issue, I checked with my team and we have been working on getting this automated on our end. We have recently changed our return day period from 90 to 60 days and there appears to be some kinks we are still working out. *Please note that there are no kinks in terms of tracking.

Kiyonna is an honest merchant so please know that you will be paid for any and all sales your traffic provides. We are working on getting this automated so all affiliates will receive credit after the 60 days have passed and the stats reflect that. I deeply apologize that you had to wait this long for your commissions. Just to be sure, can you please send me an email at kiyonna@suluta.com with this transactions details so I can verify it was paid today. Thank you.
    Last edited by Erica Shaw; June 22nd, 2009 at 10:48 AM.

Email sent. BTW, the April commissions were not paid today, they still show a Lock Date of July 20th.

So why does Kiyonna post $0 sales for international orders??

This is due to how tracking is set up on our system for international orders. We are actually working with SAS to get this resolved to include the transaction amount. Should be done very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica Shaw
    This is due to how tracking is set up on our system for international orders. We are actually working with SAS to get this resolved to include the transaction amount. Should be done very soon.
    Thank you for your reply

Quote Originally Posted by Erica Shaw
    Hello,

......... We have recently changed our return day period from 90 to 60 days and there appears to be some kinks we are still working out. *Please note that there are no kinks in terms of tracking..............
    Hi Erica,
    I noticed yesterday that you said that Kayonna return policy had changed from 90 to 60 days but infact Kayonna only has a 30 day refund policy. After 30 days they offer a store credit:

"If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return or exchange regularly priced merchandise within 30 days. This date will be clearly marked on the front side of your packing slip. Please note that returns received later than this posted date will be eligible for store credit only for a period of an additional 30 days if the item is still being sold on Kiyonna.com in the applicable color and size."

So we do not get our commision if Kayonna offers a store credit??? If so this is really not fair to the affiliate. Kayonna get the money but we do not.

Quote Originally Posted by kse
    Hi Erica,
    I noticed yesterday that you said that Kayonna return policy had changed from 90 to 60 days but infact Kayonna only has a 30 day refund policy. After 30 days they offer a store credit:

"If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return or exchange regularly priced merchandise within 30 days. This date will be clearly marked on the front side of your packing slip. Please note that returns received later than this posted date will be eligible for store credit only for a period of an additional 30 days if the item is still being sold on Kiyonna.com in the applicable color and size."

So we do not get our commision if Kayonna offers a store credit??? If so this is really not fair to the affiliate. Kayonna get the money but we do not.
    Hello Kse,

I apologize for the misunderstanding but affiliates are paid on any sale that is returned for store credit, we have a 60 day return policy on SAS so we have time to edit the sales that the money was refunded.

We need this time to make sure we are not paying out on returned merchandise. For instance, a customer might send us back something on the 29th day after she purchased it but it doesn't reach us until after the 30 days is reached, she is still eligible for a refund of her money and not a store credit.

Ok great, Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Hello 2busy,

Our team has been speaking to SAS and they informed me that neither we or them are doing anything wrong as far as the lock dates are concerned. We used to have a 90 day return period which was recently changed to 60 to better match our sites return period and under the old way that returns were handled on SAS you would have to wait until the next month to get paid on the previously months locked sales(which explains why they are set to be paid in July) but with the new system any transaction that occurred after May 1 you will get paid the same month that it unlocks and with Kiyonnas new 60 day return period you will be sure to get paid on time for all transactions moving forward! ShareASale put this system in place specifically for cases like this and we are glad they did!

We are still working on the international order amount issue. We believe it is a problem with our currency converter and are troubleshooting. Great news is, tracking of the amount is not affected on our end because we can find the amount with the order id which ensures our affiliates will get paid every cent they deserve for the sale!

I'm happy to know that nothing is wrong with the way they do things, at least now I know what I need to do. I had thought it could be fixed, but of course if it isn't broken it will stay the way it is.

I'm happy to know that nothing is wrong with the way they do things, at least now I know what I need to do. I had thought it could be fixed, but of course if it isn't broken it will stay the way it is.
    Hello 2busy,

I hope you did not misunderstand what I said, I meant that from a technical standpoint. It is unfortunate that you had to wait this long to get your commissions but the problem has been fixed by ShareASale offering this new system on paying affiliates and us at Kiyonna lowering return days to 60 days.

Quote Originally Posted by kse
    So why does Kiyonna post $0 sales for international orders??

Hello KSE,

We have adjusted our currency converter and just ran a test transaction in a foreign currency and everything tracked correctly so there should no longer be $0 amounts in any transaction. I am going to monitor this closely to make sure it does not happen moving forward but everything appears to be fixed!

Great to here this...

Thank you Erica

18. Newsletter Signup