Check your in box for this ray of sunshine:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Thank you for your support as a Dartek Affiliate, we appreciate the traffic and customers you have sent to us. As of February 2nd, 2004 - Systemax, our parent company, did some reorganizing with a few of their operating divisions. As part of this, TigerDirect.com was handed the web marketing responsibilities for Dartek.com. After careful review by Tiger, the decision has been made to terminate the Dartek Affiliate Program as of the end of February, 2/29/04.

All affiliate orders received prior to 3/1/04 that are actually shipped will be eligible for affiliate commissions from Dartek. Dartek datafeed will be shut down as of 2/25.

We would like to take this opportunity to invite you to sign up for the TigerDirect.com affiliate program (if you are not already a member of the Tiger program). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Karl Smith >>> phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money! >>> click here to learn more

ABW Ambassador
    Wow, there are going to be some pissed off affiliates. I remember them coming here promoting their program pretty heavily when Tiger stopped their feed. Not really a suprise since they're both owned by the same company.

ABW Ambassador
    TaTa Dartek.
    Looks like the SurplusComputers datafeed will be sought after with renewed vigor.

Hope your mail server can cope Andy

King GuffStar - KingGuffster.com | Parasiteware™ Support The Fight

That’s it - that is the last straw.

I new not to trust TigerDirect, and I took a shot at there sister company just to get screwed twice.

They can kiss my face!

SandraR
    <font size="1" face="Arial">| SSAN &amp; AIM: SSanAssistance | MSN &amp; Yahoo: SSan_Assistance |</font></p>

Unbelievable! If anything it should have been the other way around-TD closing the web and handing it over to Dartek. Why would Systemax give control over to the division that killed their affiliate program?

Obviously, the traffic isn't going to TD and I already have a dedicated site for Superstore Electronics. SurplusComputers' feed isn't ready yet, hmm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandraR:
    That’s it - that is the last straw.

I new not to trust TigerDirect, and I took a shot at there sister company just to get screwed twice.

They can kiss my face!

http://www.ssan.comhttp://www.artgoo...oon_avatar.gif
    <font size="1" face="Arial">| SSAN &amp; AIM: SSanAssistance | MSN &amp; Yahoo: SSan_Assistance |</font></p><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I fell for it too, I feel so cheap now like Carl got me twice. You're right, they can kiss your face!

NEW YORK, Feb 17 (Reuters) - Systemax Inc. (NYSE:SYX - News) said on Tuesday it was cutting 250 jobs, including 50 in Britain, in an effort to streamline and reduce prices to customers.
    The company, based in Port Washington, New York, said the streamlining would save approximately $8 million.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/040217/tech_systemax_1.html

ABW Ambassador
    Fortunately, they wouldn't give me the datafeed when I signed up with them recently. I would REALLY be pissed with these losers had I spent any time promoting them. I knew they were the sister company of the spamming bastards I dropped. I should have known better.

This thread should be moved to the Tiger Direct forum and bumped on a regular basis to warn new affiliates away from these useless &^%$*%s.

Happy days.

Wayne

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Bruce!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Best Regards,

Bruce Matthews
    VP- Business Development
    TigerDirect, Inc.
    ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wrote back asking when we will obtain all due commissions.

Haiko please drop this company like the plague they are.

GREAT I have to DROP 10602 product links form my database. BASTARDS!

SandraR
    <font size="1" face="Arial">| SSAN &amp; AIM: SSanAssistance | MSN &amp; Yahoo: SSan_Assistance |</font></p>

This is what happens when a company is greedy and thinks they can do it all on their own. They will see in a year or so when their sales start to slip as fewer and fewer links are pointing at them. They just lost 40,000 a month in sales from me combined, shall we try to get a running total of everyone in this thread, might make us feel better.

Tiger Direct has got to qualify as the biggest bunch of a**oles on the web. Not content with screwing us all once they now have the bloody gall to do it again. Don't you think it was very convenient of Dartek to apear at ABW just before tiger stopped letting us use their feed?
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> We would like to take this opportunity to invite you to sign up for the TigerDirect.com affiliate program (if you are not already a member of the Tiger program). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You can kiss my freakin ass !!!! Just pay me what you bloody owe me and I'm out of tiger for good, I will sell for some other computer company that treats their affiliates so much better.

Gordon YouTrek.com
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>

Not to worry thought they will say there sorry, be allowed to come back and people like Mike Coley will promote there sorry asses!

I am so DAMN mad it’s unbelievable!

SandraR

I'm pleased to say we never got around to implementing them. When we had problems with the feed, we put them on the back burner where they have remained to this day. Now they can slide from the back burner to the trash heap.

On the other hand, I spent 20 minutes on the phone with the AM of an ABW program yesterday, and I'm sure that personal assistance will result in some nice commissions. There are good programs and good AMs out there.

Karl Smith >>> phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money! >>> click here to learn more

5704 clicks - 2 sales.

I do better with Computer Geeks!

Oh well - time to rebuild another couple of sites...

Anybody know any good merchants with datafeeds???

“There are only two settings, stun and kill...it would be best not to confuse them.”
    --Malcom Reed

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by qball©:
    This is what happens when a company is greedy and thinks they can do it all on their own. They will see in a year or so when their sales start to slip as fewer and fewer links are pointing at them. They just lost 40,000 a month in sales from me combined, shall we try to get a running total of everyone in this thread, might make us feel better. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just under $20,000 last month from me.

Andy,

WHERE IS THE G** D**M SURPLUS COMPUTER FEED???

Fred

Are you sure the nurses know you're using the computer?

ABW Ambassador
    I don't know, just my little conspiracy theory:

They offered up the feed to affiliates, see what they did with the feed and who brought in the money and based on that, start repackaging their own catalog for themselves.

I'm suprised more merchants don't do this, just make their own feed sites and let the SE's at it. Would save on paying out commissions.

I work in lounge pants

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Welcome to the continuous battles I've fought within the computer products VAR industry for 30 years. The whole industry eats their young trusting partners on a 3 year cycle.

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

ABW Ambassador
    Somebody decided not only to cut jobs but also commissions. Clearly, not a very good move.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Irma wrote: Somebody decided not only to cut jobs but also commissions. Clearly, not a very good move. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Welcome to Corporate America! Why hire more workers when our current administration is allowing employers to work the ones they have to DEATH? Pay overtime? Offer benefits? Time off for the family? NO WAY!

Why keep jobs in America when you can ship them out overseas? The White House has no problem with that! LET 'EM GO! We don't need people working in America!

Expect corporate execs to miss a bonus when they can lay off a couple thousand workers, and redecorate the Palm Beach house at the same time? SURE! It'll eventually "trickle down" to the little people.

It sucks. It stinks. It's Corporate America today! And our elected officials don't see anything wrong with it!

Andy

First the Dartek move and now Erik is leaving TD. Wonder what's up with that?

Well, Erik has got some sense, that's why he's leaving.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Hope the real merchants at BF and LS see what's going on with their lazy assed AM's and fire a whole slew of them. makes Eriks job hunting easier and doing their job would be a piece of cake after handling all the tasks at TD.

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Andy for President! :^)

George Orwell got the date wrong

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread