Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Pacific Coast Feather Company
    This has got to be the dumbest content in an email from a merchant who has decided to not use coupons anymore.

A Story about Money and Links
    Scene: EARLY EVENING - MADELINE IN CHAT ROOM

AFFILIATE (curious) So all affiliates are kicking coupons codes to the curb, huh? Ok, so what happens to my ability to deep link?

MADELINE Without a coupon box, deep linking will no longer be allowed. To maximize your sales, please encourage your customers to use the link I provide in your affiliate management console.

AFFILIATE Ok. I'm glad I asked. How do I know the links will work?

MADELINE Great question! I will replace the URL links in the affiliate management console. If you use these links, the change is dynamic so there?s nothing you need to do. If not, please update your links manually.

AFFILIATE (Satisfied) Thank you for clarifying. I'm updating my sites today.

soooo, can I deep link or not?

what is the story of deep linking here.

http and a telephoto
    What does deep linking have to do with coupon codes? They are not allowing either thing now?

(I am not familiar with the merchant or the network. If it's an indy, they have a rough road ahead!)
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

From what I understand, they are not getting rid of coupons, just coupon codes customers have to manually enter. The affiliate links are set up to apply the coupon automatically. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    "Dear Affiliate,
    By now you should have received the messages that all coupon codes must be removed from your site(s). PacificCoast.com has changed the check out process and no longer has a box to type in coupon codes."

Meadowmufn is correct, manual codes have been discontinued but future URL's will automatically apply the coupon code for customers. Deep linking is certainly allowed, but if a publisher tries to alter one of the promotional URL's to deep link, the coupon code will be broken and it won't be applied to the sale.

I've been hired to manage this program for Pacific Coast Feather as an OPM, so I'm back in the saddle, so to speak!

Steve

From Pacific Coast Feather
    We are glad it got your attention, it was a time sensitive message.
    Steve, we do not have a OPM for Pacific Coast Feather
    Michael (Pacific Coast Feather)

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    This has got to be the dumbest content in an email from a merchant who has decided to not use coupons anymore.

A Story about Money and Links
    Scene: EARLY EVENING - MADELINE IN CHAT ROOM

AFFILIATE (curious) So all affiliates are kicking coupons codes to the curb, huh? Ok, so what happens to my ability to deep link?

MADELINE Without a coupon box, deep linking will no longer be allowed. To maximize your sales, please encourage your customers to use the link I provide in your affiliate management console.

AFFILIATE Ok. I'm glad I asked. How do I know the links will work?

MADELINE Great question! I will replace the URL links in the affiliate management console. If you use these links, the change is dynamic so there?s nothing you need to do. If not, please update your links manually.

AFFILIATE (Satisfied) Thank you for clarifying. I'm updating my sites today.

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    Seymour, if thought that was dumb, take a look at this exchange:

Quote Originally Posted by sroot
    I've been hired to manage this program for Pacific Coast Feather as an OPM, so I'm back in the saddle, so to speak!
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by michaeldonadams
    Steve, we do not have a OPM for Pacific Coast Feather
    Michael (Pacific Coast Feather)
    Why don't you guys meet up at Starbucks, get this worked out and let us know the outcome, we're dyin' to hear the rest of this one.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Well, that's the first time I've seen this happen at ABW

Always a first for everything, I suppose....
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

To clarify for the Starbucks crowd, I am the new affiliate manager for Pacific Coast Feathers but had not connected with Mike before the postings yesterday. I'm very excited to be starting on this program and I'm looking forward to pushing the envelope and driving increased success for both PCF and their affiliates. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Steve Root

Michael...........anything to add? Huh?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Thx Steve
    It was a pleasure to meet you on the phone today Steve, looking forward to it
    thx
    michael

Quote Originally Posted by sroot
    To clarify for the Starbucks crowd, I am the new affiliate manager for Pacific Coast Feathers but had not connected with Mike before the postings yesterday. I'm very excited to be starting on this program and I'm looking forward to pushing the envelope and driving increased success for both PCF and their affiliates. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Steve Root

That's so sweet.

-rematt

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread