here are my options: aff product not available
    Hello accomplished affilate marketers from a most humble newbie....

I have a site that customers come to looking for a specific type of door (among other things). My traffic logs are such a strong indicator that I cannot ignore this, but I cannot find an affiliate program that would give me access to this specific type of door. I could certainly invest my time in locating the right doors for my customers via a websearch and come up with a rich resource list. The question is what do I do with this info?

1) Approach companies that have this special door and propose affiliate relationship. CON: I don't think that door companies are going to go through the work of establishing an affiliate program...

2) Charge door companies to advertise on my site?

3) Put together an information product with these door links inside and sell from my site? (not hard, my traffic is screaming at me for how-to information for other related topics in my website)?

4) Make part of my site membership only, visitors would have to pay to access this hard-won information. (I hate membership sites - I wouldn't want to be forced into buying something to access information...).

5)Add the door links on my site for content (lure to sell other products)

6)??? other ideas? I really want to monetize each visitor that comes to my site wanting and willing to buy this door!

-Kind Regards, Iowa Rain

First thing that comes to mind is working with EPN -- eBay Partners Network. If you were an eBay affiliate (that's what EPN is), you could possibly find links for that specific door on eBay and display auctions for that.

I mention EPN because it's the chief source of my affiliate marketing income right now (NOT really all that much, believe me) and it's pretty easy to convert.

HOWEVER -- I have heard that EPN is currently pretty hard to get into, so I don't know whether your site would be accepted or not. If you want to try, just go to ebay.com and look at the bottom of the page for their "Affiliates" link and you can find out more.

Of course, if your website is drawing lots of traffic, I assume you're already doing some affiliate marketing on it. But I really haven't much advice to offer on your specific door question. Programs at SAS, CJ, etc., for merchants that sell the door in addition to other products? No? I dunno.
    Generate more fake news.

I am an Ebay affiliate, unless their is some other tier I am not aware of. Ebay doesn't have enough of a base to provide a consistent supply of this door...This door is specialized - it is truly a niche.

-Iowa Rain

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Why don't you contact the manufacturer of the door and see if they do drop-shipping, or would consider doing drop-shipping (not nearly the task of setting up an affiliate program)?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

In a individualized drop-shipping arrangement, would that mean that they would set up a special link for me to their product? Could you point me in the right direction how to propose something like that to a company that does not have anything in place?

Other thoughts are a paid niche directory or selling leads (not sure how that would work - not exciting income potential).

I like the idea of drop shipping better - I would get more of a piece of the pie -Iowa Rain

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    There are no links per se on your site, just pictures and text describing the product. For drop-shipping, you would need a cart and payment system of your own on your site. When an order is placed with you, and paid for, you then order the product from the manufacturer, who ships it directly to the customer.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I think I am up to the challenge! Thanks for all of the advice - my tail was starting to droop a little in discouragement, but I am starting to get excited again! -Sweet Iowa

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread