Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Why arent CPA networks accepting people from India?
    I have tried real hard to get into some of the CPA networks.But they dont even give me a call.They just reject it with the same email that says the rejection doesnt mean yor website is not worthy ;( kinda verbiage.

I do online marketing with utmost honesty and respect to what I do.

I have several websites which are within the alexa 200,000

I have been doing online marketing with affiliates Pay per sale for over an year now

I can get an website into the top spot for any keyword within a month.

I can do all this and more I feel confident and I saw them all in my applications but still I get rejected??

Is that a thing in the CPA networks that people from India should be rejected?? There might be a lot of scam but cant you see my profile and give me break??

I got approved on PJ and Azoogle but the rest just rejected at first sight...I have made an pledge that I would make the most of my inclusion to azoogle and PJ..and I am not going to join any others.I going to be in the Top10 in these networks I know I can be, thats the only way to answer those who rejected me and say thank you for azoogle and PJ for approving my application

Affiliate Network Rep ayakobing's Avatar
    Not sure if you have applied with us, but please e-mail me your website info etc to review if interested in joining us.

Thanks!
    Ayako

Thank you for the reply. For some reason I was not subscibed to this thread so didnt know that someone had replied had just submitted my affiliate application with some of my AM projects. I will email you my application details now.

Have you tried signup ShareASale? They have a lot of Indian affiliates and If your practices are legit, there is no reason to be declined...
    Serkan Kutlubay
    myhosting.com - Affiliate Manager
    serkank/[@]/softcom.com
    myhosting: Private Forum, Shareasale, CJ, high commission, parasite free - Join Now!

It's a form of triage. (Okay, that's not quite the right word, because it's simply discrimination -- but unfortunately, absolutely necessary discrimination.)

The problem is pretty simple: in the past, several companies have had teams of people in India, China, Eastern Europe, and some other low-wage countries, who each spent hours every day submitting affiliate-program applications to be used for fraudulent activity. Often, they "cloned" other web sites so they appeared legitimate.

The sheer volume (dozens, hundreds, sometimes thousands of affiliate applications) made it impossible for affiliate managers to keep up, and when sites were approved, an immediate flood of fraudulent activity drained more staff time, and led to 99% of these "offshore" affiliates being terminated.

Although there are certainly many honest, ethical web publishers in India (I've certainly met several at industry events), many affiliate managers simply could not devote the time to screen out so many fake applications, try to recognize the few legitimate ones, and then respond to fraud activity when crooks were accepted. The result is that many affiliate programs restrict participation only to individuals in a few countries.

Of course, this doesn't stop all of the the crooks: some use mail-drop addresses in the US, and others just create fake addresses, and pretend to be US-based web publishers. But most of the crooks just move on to other, more vulnerable affiliate programs (and there are many).

I doubt that writing a personal email to an affiliate manager would help very much, because I suspect that many of the crooks also write personal-sounding emails in order to try to persuade the affiliate manager to admit them into the affiliate program.

I had a similar experience when I was seeking bids for a web-development project last year: I received many dozens of responses from offshore programming teams, and when I followed up with the first couple dozen, I found that they wasted lots of my time, often using "echoing" strategies to make it sound as if they understood what I was discussing, but later submitting bizarre and incomprehensible "project proposals" that were absurd gibberish, usually with bid amounts that were ludicrously low. (I think many of these folks were just planning to collect a "deposit" and then move on.)

In work with clients, I've worked with competent development teams in India, Russia, and Ukraine, so I know that there are many competent web-development teams offshore. But it quickly became clear that 95% to 99% of the people who responded to my requests were either incompetent or unethical, and I simply could not afford to spend many hundreds of hours talking with offshore developers, most of whom were just wasting my time (and theirs).
    Last edited by markwelch; July 16th, 2009 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emphimy
    Have you tried signup ShareASale? They have a lot of Indian affiliates and If your practices are legit, there is no reason to be declined...
    Thank you , I am signed up with Shareasale.I love it,they are so easy to work but with less lead based CPA offers that I can work on.I am working for cj,shareasale,amazon,linkshare,pepperjam and google.I know between them they hold majority of the market share in online affilaite marketing. But none expect PJ has very good lead based CPA offers.

@MarKwelch

First thank you for your reply ,Looks like I have to live with that or move to US or UK to do my business.I can understand how the networks feel about getting fake applications from one particular region so I am accusing them of any discrimination just that I am terribily unlucky to be applying from an particluar demographic region. I got scammed once by my own countrymen its very hard to digest but its a fact that most of the Indians I see online are here to make a quick buck and vanish.I think the main reason for this is just the mental block in our heads which says "make as much as you can when the sunshines",there are also guys who claim to be Indian and scam you it might well turn out to be eastern europians but its another fact we have to live it I guess, as long as we are doing business online there will scams,ripoffs whatever we want to call it.

Especially CPA networks are vulnerable, I am not bothered about it anymore just take in my stride and prove that there are honest marketers in India too.

More shocking is the other day I registered to an affiliate discussion forum and I was put in a registration queue.The next day I get an email saying we are not accepting members from India. Wow I just smiled and moved on..

We get an immense amount of forum spam from India, especially of the SEO/link building type. If I see one of these, then there a 50/50 change it links back to an Indian IP address... so you can see why some forums ban Indian users (not just India, but also China and a whole long list of other sites).

As Mark says, it's triage. For many companies, it's easier and safer just not to accept people from certain countries. It sucks quite badly if you happen to live in one of those countries.

However, one thing that you will notice when you start to generate real traffic is that some of the networks will come to YOU rather than the other way around.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

as a result, you need contact with AMs and describe your business model and tell us you are not one of these spammers
    Serkan Kutlubay
    myhosting.com - Affiliate Manager
    serkank/[@]/softcom.com
    myhosting: Private Forum, Shareasale, CJ, high commission, parasite free - Join Now!

Contacting them seems to be hard too. Anyway I am happy with what I have too many options will also make me confused All for the best

We get 60-100 applications a day on cj...majority from India and Thailand. Most are empty blogger pages and dead links. With Myspace accounts spattered throughout. Ugh

I am so with you PDXreader!
    While I haven't banned or filtered applications from any country, it is a huge waste of time to have to go through all the applications. It's gotten to the point that I just automatically decline applications based only on certain cities.
    Dyan Carlson
    ["My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."- The Dalai Lama

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Sounds like the " Few screw it up for the many " scenario....

Do people in India know how much spam and other hurtful things come from there?

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

You can say a large chunk of spam on the internet comes from India,I agree,but the part most people don't think about is, these are mostly outsourced.I find most of the SEO work gets outsourced nowadays to mainly India and other Asian countries so while it looks like its coming from one source.

Yep a few are spoiling our chances of getting through but if you are desperate your will find a way through

Dear Silent_Thunder... I live in India and work from here. We do have few serious partners in our program from India. What i appreciate is when partners who email me moment they apply for Mondera program.

And agree with all the comments here, Most people in India needs to educated on ethical ways of Affiliate Marketing...

We are with Linkshare, email me if i can be of any help to you.
    Cheers,

Harry.
    Mondera Affiliate Manager
    http://www.mondera.com/affiliate_support/
    Winner of the LinkShare 2004 Golden Link Awards "Affiliate's Choice Award"
    Winner of the 2002 Abestweb.com "Best Affiliate Program Award"

Woho! Do people here know how much fraud comes from the US? I am managing global accounts for vCommission and I deal with people of all kinds. I agree there is spam/fraud coming from Indians, but my question is where is it not coming from? I would like to say, this is a global issue and not just India's.

Because I deal with many top networks and advertisers I know why they do not take 'international' publishers until they have a very good website, and the reason is pretty simple. An Indian, because of the language culture can drive max Indian traffic to his website until he researches on the keywords, and the same applies to everyone across the globe.

Submit a website in your application that has significant US/UK traffic and you'll see you won't have troubles getting in any network!

Further, there are many International CPA networks now that do not hold your application just because of your nationality.

I personally have been an affiliate of many top networks in the past and was close to making 1k/day and my nationality was never a factor that held me back. You just have to be sure of what you're doing!

> "Do people here know how much fraud comes from the US? . . . I agree there is spam/fraud coming from Indians, but my question is where is it not coming from? I would like to say, this is a global issue and not just India's." <

As I noted before, the question isn't whether there is "any" fraud from a particular category of affiliate, nor whether there are "any" legitimate affiliate applicants from that category. Instead, the question is one of time management. If my program is open to affiliates from "everywhere," then I know that I will receive a flood of applications and that 95% to 99% of the foreign applications that I can trace to India or China will involve fraud (because the fraudsters can hire teams of people for pennies a day to create and submit thousands of fraudulent applications, hoping that just a few get approved).

Of course, many fraudsters (both inside and outside the USA) also submit applications using US addresses and contact info, but the percentage of "US" applications which are fraudulent is significantly lower (perhaps I'll conclude that 20% of these applicants are involved in fraud, or perhaps it will be 80%).

Staff time is limited: I can probably justify allocating X staff hours per week to deal with US applications because there might be 5 or 10 legitimate applicants approved per hour; but I might reasonably conclude that I can't justify allocating X hours of staff time to reviewing foreign applications (even though they might be able to review 2x or 4x as many of these applications per hour, because so many are obviously garbage) -- because we'll probably approve only 1 or 2 applicants per hour, and because we'll probably also experience a higher percentage of fraudulent activity from among the approved "foreign" applicants than the approved "US" applicants.

In addition, many merchants elect to "auto-approve" applicants from the US (and perhaps other English-speaking countries, CA/UK/AT/NZ), because they find it's easier to monitor and respond to fraud issues than to allocate the time to reviewing applications. In contrast, very few merchants enable "auto-approval" of non-US applicants, because the "monitoring and response" cost can quickly become astronomically unaffordable.

I would certainly expect that some merchants (and networks) could establish "technical solutions" (for example, identifying and banning applicants from certain IP ranges known to be a source of fraudulent activity, or identifying affiliate-referred traffic from known-fraudulent IP addresses [or traffic meeting other specific characteristics suggestive of parasitic or fraudulent activity] to accelerate response time between approval and termination); these might adjust the "fraud" percentages. Technical solutions reduce the staff time required to review and respond to fraudulent applications. Alas, few firms can allocate the tech-staff time to create, implement, and update these "technical solutions."

Affiliate Network Rep DirectLeads_AM's Avatar
    Silent_Thunder, I think that we should talk. I have campaigns that you might find interesting. email me jebrown@digitalriver.com. We accept people from India!

I agree, India and other developing countries provide cheap manpower, but have you noticed why maximum blackhat tools, fraud methods come from the US?

@silent_thunder: We are a CPA network based in India, you can get in touch with me anytime to discuss this.

@silent_thunder We Cpa networks dont accept Candidates from India or Asia due to High amount of Fraud been generated in last few Months and Advertisers are losing interest in the industry . But if the candidate can briefly explain the promotion methods There always Yes

And you are welcome to contact me my email miken@eleadmedia.com

I am usually in the minority, but a sure fire way to stop all this time wasting stuff is to make would be affiliates pay a fee to get into the program. Now I am not advocating a big fee, something no more than $30 ... and you get it refunded back over time based on traffic sent or sales generated.

Money is the ultimate allocator of time and resources. Use it. Does it mean I would not be affiliated with a zillion places. Yep, but only about 20% of my merchants actually convert. So if a network charged $30 to be an affiliate, I doubt you would see as much fraud. Of course the FREE RIDERS would object.

But one of the reason, I would pay is it would limit the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by net4biz
    I am usually in the minority
    Finally, something I agree with you on. (And the only part I agree with is the part I quoted.)

I think most good affiliates would NEVER consider an affiliate program that charges to sign up.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

geo-target or ip blocking has a disadvantage.

Many people are living, travelling or working at ban countries.

CPA Network Rep
    In my experience as an affiliate manager China is a much greater source of fraud than India. Most Chinese know this and try to pretend they are US based. They are very poor at it, however. I screen hundreds of affiliate applications every month and it takes me seconds to determine who is Chinese pretending to be US. This is not the case with Indian affiliates. There are a lot of Indians who who try to become affiliates in our network with empty blogs or really poor looking websites which are clearly covering up for some kind of fraud, but not in all cases. In general this is happening on a much smaller scale than with the Chinese. I always spend more time and effort looking into an Indian application than a Chinese, on one hand because Indian applications are not as common as the Chinese and on the other because historically we have received much better quality traffic from Indian affiliates than Chinese. If the website is evidently receiving a lot of traffic and is well made I will always approve an affiliate no matter that she or he is Indian or Chinese.

>> it takes me seconds to determine who is Chinese pretending to be US

be US on what aspect(s) ??

CPA Network Rep
    Vrindavan, Chinese pretend to be based in the US by registering with US postal addresses and using an US proxy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast