MySQL & PHP

Anybody know of any good tutorial sites or books for someone like me wanting to get their feet wet in this. I do know how to get around with HTML.

I do have a host that supports both Mysql & PHP. Just no real help on how to use it and the link they refer me to is still a bit over my head.

Although I made sales since I entered the realm of this industry, I am getting targeted traffic and feel that I can do much better with a new format, and life would be much easier once I know MYSQL & PHP. So it's time I get my feet wet on it.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

<font color=blue size="1">"The most successful con artist will have you believing he is the most ethical person you will ever know."</font>

I use phpmyadmin to create and upload the database on the server. Dreamweaver makes it very easy to pull the info in without having to type php code. You can download a 30 day trial.

You might also find Edwards Online Workshops to be helpful.

Dirk,

Check This book out.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    Hi P. Where have you been?

I got PHP and MySQL Web Development at Amazon and it's helped me a lot, but beware, it's not as easy as everyone says it is

First I'd take a look at some online tutorials to learn the basics and if you feel capable, go for a book.

Javi

-------------
    <font size="1">The price of Open Source is your sanity</font>

Cool! I just ordered the book Haiko. Sounds like just what I need.

I already have Dreamweaver Jane, and your link looks like something I can benefit from also. I am actually looking forward to mastering Mysql & PHP, finally!

Javi, I have been around. I just didn't follow-up on my log-in problems here that Haiko was so quick to address today. I have been busy learning about all the capabilities of Dreamweaver anyway. As soon as I can get around using Mysql & PHP, I will be able to move to a new format and hopefully create more sales. Yes, I feel capable. Usually if I look at something long enough, it eventually sinks in. Just got to keep after it.

Thanks all!

<font color=blue size="1">"The most successful con artist will have you believing he is the most ethical person you will ever know."</font>

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread