For those that have a successful business and would like to destroy it, I would like to take this opportunity to give you some of the keys on how to ruin a successful business.

First, let me explain something. Personally, I do not think the "magic bullet" to being successful and/or getting rich quick online is "work".

I believe the "magic bullet" is COMMON SENSE.

This brings me to one of the key points on how to destroy a successful business.

1. Throw common sense out the window.

2. Pretend you have a product (say a newly released book). Have your affiliates work their butts off to send you visitors that want that product. SURPRISE! You only actually had a dozen of product. Now, your affiliates have wasted their time and sent you hundreds or even thousands of visitors wanting that product, which you knew at the time would be sold out within minutes.

So, the #2 way to destroy a successful business is to never have enough inventory on hand to cover the wants and needs of potential customers.

3. If you have a business in which 80% of your customers are male, make sure you have an inventory that is 70% for females. If you have a business in which 75% of your customers are females, make sure that 90% of your inventory is for males.

So, the #3 way to destroy a successful business is to never have the items or products the visitors to your site want. Pretend to cater to one demographic of society, while having your business set up to cater to an entirely different demographic of society. A customer that can't find what they are looking for is an angry customer that usually won't return to your site. Thus, the angry customer helps your business fail.

4. Take an affiliate that had a conversion rate over 4% and use the above methods to have his conversion rate fall to under 0.5%.

For those of you who don't want to have your successful business fail, but would rather have it succeed and are having issues like this, I have some advice for you too...

HIRE A NEW BUYER AND MERCHANDISER! AND STOCK UP ON ITEMS THAT CATER TO THE MAJORITY OF YOUR CUSTOMERS NOT THE MINORITY! AND WHEN IT COMES TO SPECIAL PRODUCTS... BUY EXTRA!!!

And never use all caps when you give that advice, cause some folk don't like it when you use all caps. I apologize for the all caps. But, dang. Why would any company want to fail when it is so easy to succeed? Is there another government bailout on the way or something.

By the way, I use to work in the retail industry. I specialized in merchandising. In fact, I won several awards and contest because of my skills as a merchandiser. Therefore, I know what I am talking about. I have experience in this area.

Signed,

A very disappointed affiliate.