I am a new member and need some information. I need another source of income, but I don't have any extra money for a web site. How do I advertise through email to sell a product. Is there another way other than email?

ABW Ambassador
    Where are you going to get the email adresses from?

I work in lounge pants

[Moved to the Café]

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

You need good email harvesting tools. You could probably find them in the dark corners of the web like ec**city. hehe

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Is there another way other than email?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Put up a website!

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

"I need another source of income"

Sell Drugs, not SPAM.

How to hell are you going to advertise email if your not spamming? No website means you don't have a way of having visitors sign up for your opt-in email list.

You start spamming, you will loose your affiliation with any partners you find.

Good luck no bucks.

Allen

ABW Ambassador
    Websites can actually be quite cheap. Often times you can find hosting for next to nothing if not free. All that you would need is a domain after that, and those will run about 6 to 10 bucks a year. You can actually get by pretty cheaply if you know:

How to optimize your sites for search engines

Which web design programs are free or offer free trials until you can get enough money to buy one.

Which hosting companies are cheap or free for a limited time.

There are a million other things, but I'm just learning myself as well. Just read everything you can here and ask a lot of questions.

websites are cheap, I got my first domain for $8 and ran across a hosting promotion last year where the first 6 months were free with $10 setup fee.

This isn't a quick "another source of income" especially without putting some work into it.. regardless of what all those internet money gurus pitch

ABW Ambassador
    I have to admit, one of the hardest things (other than search engines) is having to wait for things to get going. I'm pretty happy this isn't a get rich quick scheme (as I'm sure most of you guys are too). I think we've been bombarded with enough of that mess.

I have lost track of how many spam emails I get a day. You can be sure they all go unread. I wouldn't buy from someone that can't spell the drugs they are selling or people that send stupid emails that look like they were written to a friend and only got to me by accident. I think the only people making money with SPAM are the ones who are selling the lists. Build a website and let people who are actually interested in your product find it!

Margart,

I've got to agree with everyone else here. You'll have to start with a website, and go from there. To send out E-mail without having had people sign up for it is wrong.

When you buy E-mail lists, most people on them didn't sign up, so you're sending mail to people who don't want it. On top of this, E-mail marketing is about the worst area you can get into, especially with all the attention now on SPAM.

Getting a website and a domain aren't terribly expensive, probably less overall than you'd pay for a list of E-mail addresses that were harvested off the internet.

Good luck getting started, remember to be patient, it doesn't happy overnight.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Forget about the email scheme. Build a website instead.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread