Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Kegworks.com - ROTTEN Merchant Practice
    I just received an email from Kegworks.com announcing a change in program terms.

So, I had to go to my LS account to search for the change, and this is what I ultimately found:

Kegworks.com has added a list of almost 8000 of their products that now have a ZERO COMMISSION!!!!!

Bye-bye, Kegworks.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Great merchant!!!!!

I think they carry about 13000 items.
    And 8000 are ZERO Commission

Thumbs up for them and Linkshare
    Ma, where the beer? :escape:

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I am checking on this as it wasn't something that was informed of. I hope it's a bloody typo.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    ouch!
    Hey Chris - suffice it to say that BeerMachine and MakeBeer.net aren't engaging in any such practices?
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    I am checking on this as it wasn't something that was informed of. I hope it's a bloody typo.
    I sure hope it was a bloody typo too, Chris. Please let us know what you've found out ASAP.

ABW Ambassador
    Ouch. So more than 50% of their products are non-commisionable. I will drink to that.

Outsourced Program Manager William - AMWSO's Avatar
    8,000 products not for retail sale
    Well it turns out the 8,000 products which are not commissionable is not a typo - rather these are all products which are not meant for retail sale.

All 8,000+ products are related to "crowd control" and are carried by KegWorks for some of their non-retail commercial partners who require this form of specialized equipment.

The products range from Lavi Belts to Safety posts to wall-plates for conventional posts to a whole range of other esotaric and industry specific equipment. Every single component has a different SKU so that is why there are so many products that show as non-commissionable.

Given the terrible optics of 8,000 products not being commissionable, I will be re-visiting the non-commissionable issue with the good folks at KegWorks next week, to see if we can't house these products on a separate site and/or just make them all commissionable.

For now I am just posting to clarify what this is all about b/c I think everyone needs to understand the rationale behind KegWorks policy on the crowd control items.

Hope that clarifies matters.

Cheers,

H-W

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    All do respect - there isn't 5000 items in "crowd control" on ANY site on the internet... so is it safe to say everything on this page is included in the zero commission group: Commercial Equipment ?

Please clarify.

Thanks.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

there isn't 5000 items in "crowd control" on ANY site on the internet

Quite right: there are a total of 8,000+ SKUs for the crowd control line carried by KegWorks - but the vast majority of these are not displayed on the KegWorks website for sale - the SKU list which was submitted to Linkshare covers every possible item related to "crowd control" that is in the KegWorks inventory, but only a small number of these are actually on the KegWorks.com site.

cheers,

H-W

is it safe to say everything on this page is included in the zero commission group: Commercial Equipment ?

commercial equipment: http://www.kegworks.com/commercial-e...urce=navBanner

No - in fact the vast majority of the commercial-equipment items are commissionable, it is only the "crowd control" products which are at zeor commission.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Seems we're both posting at the same time...

Anyway - I see the max commission avail from them is now 5%...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Anyway - I see the max commission avail from them is now 5%...
    Yes the base commission is 5% for KegWorks, however there are various conditions where this can go as high as 7% (e.g. right now there is a contest whereby achieving 10 sales in the months of June, July or August will bump your commission up to 10% until the end of Sept.

Cheers,

Will

sales in the months of June, July or August will bump your commission up to 10% until the end of Sept.
    whoops, I need to check my posts before I post - I meant to say your commission will be bumped up to 7% - not 10% - sorry about that!

H-W

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by William - AMWSO
    (e.g. right now there is a contest whereby achieving 10 sales in the months of June, July or August will bump your commission up to 10% until the end of Sept.

Cheers,

Will
    Hmmm, are we expecting an email about this contest or am I missing the message somewhere?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Chris and William - thanks for the quick and informative responses. But:

It doesn't say much for the owners and operators of the company to bypass their OPM and alienate their affiliates by taking this kind of action on their own.

Also - there needs to be a better way of informing affiliates of differences in commission rates among a merchant's products. The LS system of having a list of thousands of uncategorized products is IMPOSSIBLE to use and totally unmanageable.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Chris and William - thanks for the quick and informative responses. But:

It doesn't say much for the owners and operators of the company to bypass their OPM and alienate their affiliates by taking this kind of action on their own.

Also - there needs to be a better way of informing affiliates of differences in commission rates among a merchant's products. The LS system of having a list of thousands of uncategorized products is IMPOSSIBLE to use and totally unmanageable.
    Hi AffiliateHound,

I believe what William is going to need to do is reiew this with Kegworks, and then as he mentioned above have these items moved out of general popuation through either a new site or perhaps locked in a "crowd control" section of the site. Or that they are made commissionable at some level to ensure there is no issue of lost revenue for everyone.

The LS SKU system isn't the greatest but it is to the best of my knowledge the only network I know that actually lists SKUs like this so that they are visible for everyone to see.

Either way, William will be working to find a better solution for this and he'll be sure to update everyone here and via email as soon as this is sorted.

Thank you all for bringing this to our attention. We have worked for a long time with Kegworks and I think this is the first time we've had any kind of hiccup of this level, so please do stick with us while we resolve this issue.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Hey Chris - suffice it to say that BeerMachine and MakeBeer.net aren't engaging in any such practices?
    Beer Machine no changes there, can't speak for MakeBeeras we don't manage their program.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Hi All,

Thanks for all of your feedback.

I understand that there are what appears to be 8,000 SKUs blocked from commission. The reality is that these SKUs account for 110 products of our 13,000 products. They appear to be so many SKUs because of the potential permutations of these types of products (For example, one crowd control post can have 5 options that a user selects).

These items are a relatively new line to our site and we are still working on finalizing our selection and offerings, and have been asked by the vendors of these products that we not promote them through affiliate networks, as they are very selective of where these items appear.

We absolutely do everything in our power to maintain a well respected program and keep our affiliates happy. I will keep you posted on any progress we make on these 100 items.

Cheers,
    KegWorks

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread