Html or Java Links for CJ?
    Do you prefer and use HTML over the Javascript links provided by CJ

Also, most of the time ive always just pasted in the code but if its just the link portion that i want am i ok to just grab the link portion out and leave all the rest of the code? will it still credit me for sales?

Lastly if a merchant has a product on their site but no link available in cj to that page. I.e I want to create my own link to that page. Is it possible to do that and if so how is it done? I was told SID is for tracking right?

I surf the web with Javascript support turned off (Firefox + Noscript) for security reasons. I think a small but growing number of people do the same. On that principle, I'd avoid using Javascript for the links. I don't suppose it will make a great deal of difference to the end numbers though.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamoo
    I surf the web with Javascript support turned off (Firefox + Noscript) for security reasons. I think a small but growing number of people do the same. On that principle, I'd avoid using Javascript for the links. I don't suppose it will make a great deal of difference to the end numbers though.

Yep i use html

But why do you switch of javascript anyway? I dont turn anything like that off in my browsers. I rarely switch anything off at all. I just browse

Quote Originally Posted by easylife
    Yep i use html

But why do you switch of javascript anyway? I dont turn anything like that off in my browsers. I rarely switch anything off at all. I just browse
    There are a lot of sites getting hacked these days, even ones that you trust and use regularly. Usually the attack is through a piece of javascript that has been injected into the HTML.

News sites, big business, government.. they have all been subject to this kind of attack.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

What about this

most of the time ive always just pasted in all the cj html code but if its just the link portion that i want so that i can hyperlink a word am i ok to just grab the link portion out and leave all the rest of the other cj code/image etc? will it still credit me for sales?

Tracking is done through the link itself - it sets a cookie when the use clicks through. HOWEVER, CJ also uses a tracking pixel on the page for plain text links, this is used to calculate the CTR. I have heard that removing it can sometimes cause problems because it looks anomalous from a stats point of view.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread