Getting pubs active in CJ...
    Hey guys, I'm new to CJ (2 mo) and having some real challenges getting affiliates up and running. My program pays at least 25% more than my competitors. We have a decent amount of applications and 150 4 and 5 bar publishers that have been accepted into the program.

I'm havving challenges in two related areas and could use your help.

1. How to track affiliates when they become active and have placed links. I'm having trouble cross referencing who is pending and how is active. Right now I am moving a publisher to a different group once they have produced clicks. Is this the best way to manage the affiliates in the pipeline?

2. How to motivate affiliates to get started and place the links quickly.

Thanks so much in advance for your help,

SFNative

Sending promo emails won't do much to shake the beehive. Most affiliates are going to do what they intend to do when they're ripe and ready and feel like it.

Your best bet would be to go through affiliate's sites and find the ones where your offers would be both a good fit, and an asset/improvement to the affiliate's site. Approach those affiliates one-on-one to discuss the possibility of getting your offers posted on their sites. Even if you gain just one long-term productive affiliate from this, it will be worth the effort.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I totally agree with davidh when he recommends a one-on-one approach.

As I've often said in these types of posts, as a publisher I'm crazy busy (being my own tech support, content writer, marketer & jack-of-all-trades!). Many times I sign-up for a program, but it takes time to get active with them, irrespective of payout. And it doesn't mean I'm not interested - in some cases, it's a niche where I've planned expansion, or I'm just too busy updating content. It's unfortunate, but merchants often stay on my to-do list for a little longer than I would like.

Some direct communication goes a long way!

thanks for the feedback! I've been contacting them directly (as opposed to cj system emails). I agree that its a much more effective means of communication...

How do you feel about fast start bonus'?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Try writing copy for their website so all they have to do is add it and coded links that you send. As mentioned before affiliates are super busy so anything you can do to save them time will help.

Are you offering coupons and discounts? This economy is making it a requirement. Do you offer exclusive coupon codes, the big couponers require it.

Also, it can take a year to get a top affiliate to add your program, be patient, don't spam and use a contact manager to track your conversations.

Chuck, thanks for the advise.

We offer a free service that connects homeowners with reliable contractors. In my mind, its hard to offer a coupon on something like this...do you have any suggestions on how to make coupon sites for a lead gen company that offers a free service?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    sfnative, you need to use consumer facing, direct language to make it a benefit. Free is a big motivator. How much does the average customer save by using your service? How many Advertiser Categories does your service hit, make each one a unique text link to offer affiliates. First look at several top trafficked affiliate sites and see how they present their offers, deals, coupon, new product pages to consumers. Then tailor your marketing message to their visitors.

Most program managers try to force affiliates into their marketing language, affiliates deal directly with the consumer and your language has to match the consumers needs. Its all about finding the sore spots and giving a solution.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread