I'm tired of online scams
    Hello,

I just wanted to take the time to let everyone know I am sick and tired of scams online. I currently freelance from home, run an eBay business, and also do internet marketing from home. Well, for my eBay business I sell a number of different things. I buy items in bulk and all that jazz.

Well I had this great idea to go to Alibaba.com which is a B2B site. I basically got in contact with this business in China. They were going to sell me these Nikon Digital SLR cameras lenses. I had an agreement to buy 10 and have them ship them to my customers. I was going to have 2 shipped to me in case there were problems, I could fix them. Sounds like a great idea huh?

The person I bought them from delayed my customers buy providing me with tracking which didn't show up for 12 days. Being a responsible business owner I decided to give everyone $50 back 50X8 for $400.

Well the packages started arriving and guess what they were all fake iPhones. Imagine that! My two lens were fake ipod nano's. I paid everyone back since they didn't get what they ordered. Also, I paid for shipping to send me there crap they received.

Since then this company has ignored me ever since. I can't get my money back because I paid Western Union which was a mistake by my part. They have cost me 8k. I e-mailed them posing as a big shot needing 200 apples from another e-mail and bam they were more than willing to rip me off. I can't believe this goes on and no one will do anything about it.

I was so heated by this I decided to make a site exposing scam: report-online-scams.com I have basically gotten people together and let them tell their stories. I feel this is a good way for me to help people. You can read my full story on the sz-xinglong.com link on the left hand side.

I do want to spread my site around on a couple forums because I want to reach people that have been ripped off.

I feel horrible about the whole situation and have filed a claim with the ic3.gov, the federal trade commission, attorney general of state, etc. I don't know what else to do. I know I will probably never see that money again.

All I ask is that if you have been a victim of fraud will you please contact me on my site and I would be glad to put your story up.

sorry I just had to blow off some steam!
    Garen
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; June 25th, 2009 at 10:35 PM. Reason: moved and unlinked.

hey that sucks!

there is a lesson learned here though

do your research - just because a transaction is happening online does not mean it is happening in some other dimension that can't be reached

still sucks though

If you contacted them via Alibaba dot com, you should file a complaint there too so they will remove that "merchant". I caught a merchant there using images and product descriptions from my site to sell their crap.

Man that sucks.

I get a load of fraudulent emails to do with consumer electronics (I don't sell them, it's just articles plus ads). The mail headers can tell you an awful lot about the other party - if they claim to be based somewhere then their headers should be able to confirm a match with their IP address.

Here's an example of what to look for: http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/tips/header.html

A service like DomainTools.com is very good for finding out more about a sender's IP address.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    If you contacted them via Alibaba dot com, you should file a complaint there too so they will remove that "merchant". I caught a merchant there using images and product descriptions from my site to sell their crap.
    I have contact alibaba dot com and they will not do a thing. I forwarded all their emails and everything and did a screen capture of the message they sent me from alibaba com. Then they would tell me we need proof. So I would send them all the email. What more proof do you need? I even sent them the FBI report. There moderators seem to be useless. I finally just frustrated with them and told them the FBI will work on it; I am sure.

The whole thing is a mess. I will keep you posted and let you know how all this turns out. (I also gave them my website and they would give me some premade response, like sir we need more information. Three different moderators have told me we need more info.

They were co-operative with the DMCA process, that's why I suggested contacting them. I would think they wouldn't want to host problematic merchants, but who knows? Sorry to hear that alibaba.com allows crooks like that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    They were co-operative with the DMCA process, that's why I suggested contacting them. I would think they wouldn't want to host problematic merchants, but who knows? Sorry to hear that alibaba.com allows crooks like that.
    Yeah what weird is people will post stuff on their forums of scammers. For instance, www dot dealstead dot com and they don't do anything at all about it. Kind of the reason I put together my site. It just makes me so upset.

well, I feel good because two of the scammers on my site have some baggage to deal with when someone googles their site address. I outrank their site and it say "SCAM ALERT" right by there name. I just don't want anyone else to lose out on money back of these people that are taking peoples money. That and my blog exposes how they are the same person. Weird how this can go on and no one does anything about it.

ABW Ambassador
    Try using a payment method like 'letter of credit', this way formally sets out the conditions uf sale/purchase with dates etc. and your payment is secure until you check the goods. I'm not sure if its cost effective for an amount like $8k but its worth researching.

I never use anything else.

Ask your bank. You will need the cash or a credit line to use this method.

yeah thanks I have already refunded everyone. I guess I have learned a valuable lesson from this. Also, I got a letter from the FTC and Attorney Genral of State today so at least someone i

is looking into it.

yeah it wasn't a good day....lol

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread