Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Two More Babies
    Yesterday I was out working in the yard and heard such a barking and yapping on my second floor porch I had to go up and see what it was. Two new dogs had showed up. One so tiny I don't know how he could climb the stairs without the help of the bigger girl that he came in with. They need names of course. Then they need to visit the vet. I just can't turn them away.

The white one is a girl and she's about 6 months old I would guess. She is very shy and not mingling with the others but alone, she's very friendly. She's all white except a touch of reddish tan on the ears and tip of the tail, she's about 14" tall. The brown one is a boy and he is still a baby. Follows me around like a shadow and is finding his teeny niche with the others. He's a smart little furball about 7" tall.

Until they visit the vet I'm keeping them separated from the rest pretty much but they seem to be in good health.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Affiliate Network Rep ayakobing's Avatar
    Ahh, they are so cute. I with you were closer to my area b/c I'm looking into adopting a dog and they are both my type

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    adorable

Wish I was allowed to get a puppy, they are so cute.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

@Ayako: I work unofficially with a local pet rescue organization that has adoption ties across the country via the SPCA. I will contact the group and see what advice they can offer. I do know that dogs from here end up in homes from Maine to California. It would be hard to part with the little fluffy one, he's so young and looks like the right one to replace my dear departed Pucha. OTOH, I have no clue as to his parentage or eventual size.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    Wish I was allowed to get a puppy, they are so cute.
    **throws stuffed pikachu at nyfalcon**

2busy they are adorable, and I'm glad one of them looks like he is a replacement for your other baby. When I was alone in Vegas on the first anniversary of my son Chris' death I heard a cat crying outside the house. I was in bed but hadn't been able to sleep. I waited a bit and it started again, I opened the door and a beautiful young cat ran in. My own cats hadn't moved cross country to be with me yet, and "something" decided I needed a cat that night.

About a month later, I discovered I was allergic to her and now she resides very happily with Rexanne. Cat came to me when I needed one and went on to her next home and is a very happy kitty indeed.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

The white one looks like a lab mix. Not sure about the littlest one. But they're both adorable.

I'd love to take the white one, but unfortunately, our pup enjoys being an only child. LOL. She'll get along with other dogs as long as it's a slow, cautious introduction, but dogs that just march up to her and don't give her space make her feel threatened and she'll snap at them.

She was attacked by a large female chocolate lab when she was about 10 months old and hasn't been as friendly toward strange dogs since. Amazingly, she got the upper hand against her attacker, despite her size disadvantage, and chased the dog back to its owner's house and almost IN to the owner's house. LOL. They just let their dog out to wander around the neighborhood, unsupervised, so it can poop on other people's lawns. Argh. They stopped that practice after it attacked two people and lawsuits were threatened.

Anyway, I hope you find good homes for the little guys!
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Umm, they have a home, I was hoping to get some names suggestions for them from our pet experts. I have no problem with 4 dogs vs. 2 although I responded to Ayako's comments. I did not post this to find them a home, I need some inspired naming help.
    Thanks!

Affiliate Manager
    There are sooooo cute.

Had a white Lab/Great Pyrenees pup wander into the yard about a year ago. People tend to bring puppies out to the country to drop them off. Wasn't going to keep her but DD named her so she is part of the family now. We named her Shasta after the movie Snow Dogs even though she looks nothing like that dog. DD just liked the name.

Your white pup looks a lot like my Shasta. Good luck with the name.

I would love to help you with names but I already named my two strays doubleclick and clickthru.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    I would love to help you with names but I already named my two strays doubleclick and clickthru.
    (He really did! his mom calls doubleclick "doubleclickthru" because the names don't make sense to her! She's still trying to figure out what I do for a living too... )
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    They are both beautiful 2Busy! How about naming them Farrah and M.J. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

...or Michael and Jackson? Can Jackson pass for a girl's name?
    Jason
    [url=http://www.bhphoto.com/]B&H Photo[/url] :|: [url=http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/affiliates.jsp]Join Our Affiliate Program[/url] :|: [URL=https://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPublisherSignUp.do?air_refmerchantid=2478435]Join on CJ[/URL]
    email: Jasonn at BHphoto.com

So adorable!! Makes me want to go home and hug my puppies.

I think the little guy needs a tough name, and she looks so cute and cuddly.

Diesel and Sophie
    KK

I always like to try out the name on the doggie to see what kind of reaction it gets. So far only Shasta and Diesel get the desired results. Since I'm taking them to the vet this afternoon I guess I'll use those for their names. Thank you all for the help, my neighbor wanted to call the little guy Tarzan and I just can't picture trying to call him home with that. I thought the "click" names were cute too, but they totally ignored them and wouldn't look my way for any MJ/Farrah variations. Shasta seems to know her name already, Diesel cocks his head for that name.

I had to put a little wooden step at the bottom of the stairs because Diesel can go down the stairs OK but can't seem to make that first step on the way up.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Awww. I am a total sucker for cute puppies. I am so glad to hear that you are going to care for them and give them a good home.

Make sure to let us know the names!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    What sweet little hound dawgs!!!

The names are great. (My daughter has a neighbor who had a gigantic mastiff named Diesel.)

Of course, you realize, that all to soon, Diesel will try to Mt. Shasta.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Name one puppy Slugger, the other Spike. Dogs need tough names. LOL! Especially such lovably cute dogs. Makes 'em grow up tough -- survival of the fittest and all that.

(Just kidding of course. Have no ideas for real -- although my older brother talked me into exactly that silliness when we were kids. I named a little puppy Butch. Butch was one of the cutest, brightest little guys I've ever owned.)
    Generate more fake news.

I was gonna suggest Scooter and Skeeter, but sounds like they've already chosen their names. LOL.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

lol!
    Of course, you realize, that all to soon, Diesel will try to Mt. Shasta.
    Nope, that's part of what the trip to the vet is for. Unfortunately a severe downpour postponed the trip til tomorrow. There is a limited window of time to bother going to the vet's: within the first hour after they open. They won't make appointments but people stop in at lunchtime to get on the list to bring in their pets after work so within an hour of opening at 12:30 the list is full and unless I plan to spend the rest of the day there, I need to be there when they open. grrr. It's too far to make the return trip worthwhile for me. There's another vet's office that is even further but I can drop off the puppies there at 8:00 AM and they will call to let me know what time to pick them up. I think I'll take them there early tomorrow.
    Name one puppy Slugger, the other Spike. Dogs need tough names. LOL! Especially such lovably cute dogs. Makes 'em grow up tough -- survival of the fittest and all that.
    Then I should have named Diesel "Sue"?

thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    Then I should have named Diesel "Sue"?
    No. Marion.

Affiliate Manager
    Ohhhhh, I am super excited the pup likes Shasta!

The little boy was found to have a touch of scabies (mange) so they are both being kept separate from my other doggies and that is a job! Tomorrow is their last dosage so I'll call and find out how much longer they need to be kept apart. Shasta is tooo feisty! My cats are intrigued by the idea of a dog smaller than they are so maybe it's good they're caged for now

awwwwwh they're both sooooooo cute

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast