best free trial promotion
    Hi
    we do manifacture and distribute a weight loss products . we've been promoting it on the radio for few years and now we are kind shifting to inernet advertising.
    can you tell me what would be the best methodes to promote our product on line? would a free trial offer where the end user pay a nominal charge for shipping and handling and get to try the product for a certain period, if they dont cancel within that periode they would be put on monthly shipping program until they cancel would be a good approach? how successful you think would it be? if not do you have other recomendations for us to get to push our products on line?
    appreciate your help and guidance.
    thank you

See this discussion thread for some very specific feedback from affiliates regarding this type of offer. The company discussed in that thread also started by promoting its weight-loss product via the radio (just do some googling to see what embarassing award they earned in 2006, and when you see how heavily they rely on the endorsement of Tom Martino, try googling his name).
    Last edited by markwelch; June 28th, 2009 at 05:17 PM.

acai
    thanks for the link but there isnt much info there .
    there is so many acai free trials out there, their banner and newsletter everywhere . how do they do it?

They are horrible omg I ordered the acai and it was free and i knew they charged after that I did it for 2 months and then thought ok this sucks so i wanted to cancel. I couldn't cancel i had to close my account because of it. I think saralin if you have a product to sell sell it. don't offer a free trial, you become more loved by customers if they have the option to order one bottle or 5 bottles and you will be more profitable in the end. Don't copy other companies scams be unique, say you have acai products, I would have been happy to order 3 bottles of it at once, instead of rearranging my life because of rip off companies. Or if you do want to offer a free sample then make it a free sample no cc needed.

We do have a great product i mean it took over a year to put it together and testing it , but with all the competition out there i don't see how we can stand up without offering free trials? we did consider offering free samples but it's not economically viable i mean since we are a small company we can t give free products like that it cost us to manifacture it and shiping it to the customer plus the marketing expense it's just not possible

http and a telephoto
    I moved your thread to the Becoming a Merchant area of the forum. Are you considering starting an affiliate program? FYI, this is an affiliate marketing forum, not a general internet marketing forum.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Saralin wrote (in part): > "thanks for the link but there isnt much info there" <

Please read the other discussion thread more carefully; there's actually a lot of very helpful advice there about how to structure a "free trial" offer, and factors that may deter web publishers from accepting performance-based placements.

Nobody is going to give you a "blueprint," but your timing seems very fortunate, since one of your competitors (who seems to be just a few weeks ahead of you) has triggered a very specific discussion with lots of feedback from web publishers and others regarding these types of offers.

Also, if you want to be taken seriously, try to write more professionally (grammar, punctuation, capitalization, spelling). Remember that what you write in a discussion forum today will still be visible many months and years in the future.

I will take suggestions into account

In this thread you want to be a merchant, selling a product; in the other "Introduce Yourself" thread at http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=121105 you said you want to be an affiliate, promoting other merchants products for a commission.

There's a lot of useful information on ABW but to get useful suggestions we need to know what you're trying to accomplish.

10. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread