Feedburner unable to burn RSS feed?
    I've never had this happen before. I have a WP blog that I tried to create an RSS feed for at Feedburner.com. I typed in the blog's URL, and got this error message:

The URL does not appear to reference a valid XML file. We encountered the following problem: Error on line 330: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.

I have no idea what to do so that Feedburner will be able to work with it. I know absolutely nothing about XML or XML validation errors.

I have probably 15-20 WP blogs all together, and never had this happen before. This particular blog uses the phpBay Pro plugin to display eBay auctions extensively. BUT -- at least 10 or 12 other blogs of mine do also, and not a one has this problem.

Anybody know what might be going on??

Thanks.
    Generate more fake news.

If you need something else to do the rss feed .. I would suggest you check out yahoo pipes

pipes.yahoo.com

With Pipes you can mash together many different feeds, or just that one your having issues with and it will reformat it to hopefully make it work inside feedburner...

~~~~

I have in the past used yahoo pipes to fix a rss feed that wasnt being formatted the way I needed it ..
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

Quote Originally Posted by Magi
    If you need something else to do the rss feed .. I would suggest you check out yahoo pipes

pipes.yahoo.com

With Pipes you can mash together many different feeds, or just that one your having issues with and it will reformat it to hopefully make it work inside feedburner...

~~~~

I have in the past used yahoo pipes to fix a rss feed that wasnt being formatted the way I needed it ..
    Thanks, Magi. Now all I need to do is figure out how to do Yahoo pipes!
    Generate more fake news.

Smile
    Its a cool / interesting tool, I figured out basics from the video they had on the frontpage .. I dont know if its still there but I'll assume you can find it somewhere on there ..

If you need help, I can try to explain how to do a pipe feed!
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

http and a telephoto
    What version of Wordpress and what theme are you using? Both can impact the RSS. If everything is the same as the other installations you may want to ask at the Wordpress forums to see if someone else encountered the same issue.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Debbie, I took your advice and looked around the wordpress.org forum. (I've found that forum almost useless in the past, by the way. Hardly anyone responds when you put up a request for help.)

A post at that forum suggested the obvious: Disable plugins, change to the default theme, etc., and see whether Feedburner still rejects the feed, then work backwards from there.

In the process, I found a plugin for a service I was not actually using on that blog. I disabled/deleted that plugin and PRESTO! Feedburner validated the feed just fine.

Odd.
    Generate more fake news.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Did you ever check to see what was at "line 330" of your feed?

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    In the process, I found a plugin for a service I was not actually using on that blog. I disabled/deleted that plugin and PRESTO! Feedburner validated the feed just fine.

Odd.
    Yup, sometimes seemingly innocent plugins can be the root of all evil. Podpress likes to throw out errors, but fortunately they are not fatal, just annoying.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread