Fox TV Store Is Very Google Ad Friendly
    The Fox TV Store by VIP Fan Clubs is very Google Ad friendly. In fact, they are very friendly with other merchants. I guess they are an affiliate as well as a merchant. Weird.

If you go to something like their FAMILY GUY section, I think they are affiliated with more merchants than I am.

If fact, they have ads for some of the merchants I am affiliated with. LOL! Amazing.

I know on the FAMILY GUY section, I think they have the max number of Google Ads allowed.

When I was just there, in the FAMILY GUY TOYS section, they actually have more Google Ads and affiliate links to other merchants than they do toys available. LOL!

Therefore, Fox TV Store by VIP Fan Clubs, I have a question for ya!

Do you want us working for you or do you wanna work with Google Ads?

Cause as far as I am concerned, you can't have it both ways.

Why would we, the affiliates of the world, work our fingers to the bone to drive traffic to your site for you to do everything possible to make that 17 cents off a Google Ad click?

Let's see. You could sell a $20 t shirt or make 12 cents from a Google Ad click. Seems like you want the 12 cents more.

Well, I am giving you my 2 cents worth and you don't have to click a Google Ad to get it.

Please remove all Google Ads and affiliate links and be a merchant or you are gonna have a hard time keeping affiliates.

If I come across as rude, that is not my intent. My intent is to come across as angry.

Cause it just ain't right for you to have us work to bring traffic to your site and you send that traffic to Google Ads. Thus, any commission we may have made is gone and you get 23 cents, while we get nothing and we, the affiliates of the world, did all the hard work to deliver the traffic to you. Yet, we get nothing in return. That just ain't right or fair.

Cool
    thanx for the warning -- there are other merchants with similar offerings that are much more affiliate-friendly.

ABW Ambassador
    Some vendors defend their policy of having adsense. Here is a vendor replying to my email complaining about adsense on their landing pages. Needless to say I don't promote them anymore.

"Instead of setting up specific pages with a limited number of products to send our affiliate links to, we allow our affiliates to link off to our entire website. As such, a consumer would necessarily access a page with an advertising banner on it considering that we serve them as an additional revenue source. Like 90% of the internet, we serve third party advertisements that open in new windows when clicked on in order to generate revenue from those customers who dont find what theyre looking for on our site. Im sorry if you take issue with this policy."

Quote Originally Posted by sam_park
    Like 90% of the internet, we serve third party advertisements that open in new windows when clicked on in order to generate revenue from those customers who dont find what theyre looking for on our site. Im sorry if you take issue with this policy."
    Lovely. Somebody should inform them that that's because 90% of the internet is content sites, not merchants. They're supposed to be a merchant...
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread