Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Is Affiliate Your Main Income?
    Can you make a living with Affiliate?

QUOTE: Can you make a living with Affiliate?

Yes. Not only can you, but many people do. Many affiliates rely on it as their main source of income. Others rely on it as their only source of income.

There are others that simply do it to bring in an extra income.

Some have a site or blog and would have those sites or blogs whether they were an affiliate or not. They do the affiliate thing more for fun. They have their site or blog anyway. Might as well attempt to make a little money along the way.

Being an affiliate is what you make of it. Some do very, very well financially doing affiliate marketing. Others do not.

Sort of like...

Ask not what being an affiliate can do for you, but ask what you can do by being an affiliate.

The sky is the limit.

However, some people are scared of heights and never even get their feet off the ground.

Others shoot for the stars and end up in a galaxy far, far away.

Affiliate marketing has been my ONLY source of income (other than interest and dividends in investments) for almost ten years.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Thankfully it's not.

Yes and yes.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Can you make a living with Affiliate? Yes. Does everyone who is an affiliate make a living at it? Relatively few. The large majority fail to see the results they have been led to expect and drop out.

Like any work, you get out of it what you put into it so spending an hour or so a day might bring you a few commissions each month. Investing all the time and money at your disposal may improve your results if you know how and where to expend these resources. It can also lose lots of money and waste your time if you haven't bothered to read, research, study, learn, read, try, read some more.

There are many threads on ABW asking this question and there is no correct answer for everyone. Can you make a living with Affiliating? Yes. Will you? That's up to you. Is it easy? No.

Yes. I started part time, and after a couple years it more than replaced the income from my job, so I quit.
    Your Ad Here.

I work pt, school pt affiliate market pt. I think school is where my big ticket is. I didn't get into this to be a full timer i did it to generate extra income.

Yes and yes. As others have already stated, it's not easy, but it is doable.

It also takes time, don't expect this to happen overnight, or even in a month. Affiliate marketing is like any business, it takes time to grow and constant work at it. Although if you do enough work and are persistent, you will eventually start to see a payoff from it.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Can you make a living with Affiliate?

I assume you mean affiliate marketing.

Absolutely!

I'm a bazillionaire, typing this message from a jacuzzi in one of my yachts in the Caribbean. -

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Quote Originally Posted by RemodelingGuy
    I'm a bazillionaire, typing this message from a jacuzzi in one of my yachts in the Caribbean. -
    Get serious. Us bazillionaires are in the Mediterranean. Caribbean's fer chump change.
    Generate more fake news.

About eight years ago I started with affiliate marketing --- made a pretty good living at it, but now I've gone to about 90% marketing my own products and services.

I still get about 10% "falling from the sky money" from stuff I did years ago.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    We could now "get by" with what I make, with some help from the state for kids medical (and we have some special needs). Trouble with our state govt healthcare now is that once your kids leave, you are on your own.

If I were single I definitely would be doing this full time.

The catch-22 of a j*b is it takes your time that you would be devoting to sites.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I have the utmost respect for folks who can do AM for their full-time income. I don't have the guts to go at it full-bore.

I am hoping so :-)
    I am new as well, and learning as I go - actually working for a merchant. But as I learn more and more, I am realizing that I need to put this energy into affiliates for my own blog eventually as well. So, it's alot of knowledge to absorb - and my head spins after a few hours, but I think it'll eventually pay off

I hope someday to be able to make affiliatye revenue my sole income but it's not that way today. I love affiliate marketing. It's not only a hobby but soemthing I wish to grow into a business. I have a business plan and model and hope that helpe me in the future.

I also work full-time as a Financial Reporting Manager. Yes I do love #'s and Finance.
    I hope this skill-set helps me with my affiliate marketing.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I and my 2 kids have been living off only affiliate income for the past 10 years - it's very doable.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Ever heard of the 80/20 rule?

In affiliate marketing it is more like 90/10.

Basically, 90% of the revenue is generated by 10% of the affiliates.

How do you become one of the 10%?

1.) Be a PPC pro and play the game each day trying to hit on something big.
    2.) Build a good quality site that attracts traffic and converts well.
    3.) Build a list of people you can send special offers and promotions to.
    4.) ???
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Have been making my total income off of affiliate marketing as an AM/OPM for four and a half years. Prior to that it was SEO, PPC, affiliate, lead gen and email as a small agency since 1998.

It's probably more like 95/5 or 99/1 in affiliate marketing. There are tons who never get any traction, and very few who make it big.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    There are lots of web-based opportunities.

We have made a very nice living with our web properties for 8 years.

It is interesting. Once you learn how to make money online making more money is easier. The tough part is getting to the point where you know what you are doing, can afford to try new things and trust your own judgement.

We have grown each of these past 8 years and expect record growth this year too.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Howard:

That's the difference ... Web-based opportunities vs. AM.

I've been working for the online side of our company for about 7 1/2 years now and love it. Our division continues to grow while the rest withers.

But going it alone to do AM? I don't have the guts to even try.

If one person can do it, 2 can, and 3...follow the formula and learn from the best!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Affiliate marketing has been my ONLY source of income (other than interest and dividends in investments) for almost ten years.
    Do you plan to come to Affiliate Summit East 09 at NYC... I would like to meet you and learn some stuff.

Affiliate Summit is a great place to learn stuff.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast