Note to Affiliates who reapply
    A note to affiliates who send an email directly to an affiliate manager asking for reconsideration after being initially declined...

99% are exactly what they need to be in terms of explaining your vision, laying out your business plans, and explaining any oddities (no current site, or odd fit, etc...)

BUT

ALWAYS INCLUDE YOUR CID or PID.

I'd say about 2% actually do.

At least in CJ it is nearly impossible to find an affiliate based on a url (their system is horrible for this) and about 50% of the time, the url sent to the merchant isn't one registered in your affiliate account anyway.

The address the email was sent from is almost never the official registered email, and the official affiliate name is nearly always a craps shoot.

Without a CID or PID merchants can't find you and when you are asking for a reevaluation it is best to make it as easy as possible for them to click that send offer button without first having to draft a letter back saying they can't find you.

4 more letters like this today pushed me over the edge so I hope this might help!

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    I can second that! The CID or PID in CJ is essential to getting you into the program ASAP! It's the easiest and most direct way of finding an affiliate and pushing the offer to them or accepting their second attempt at applying.

We WANT to help you as affiliate managers, but we're not psychics
    Trisha Lyn Fawver

@TrishaLyn | My Managed Merchants

Also, tell us why you think you were not accepted. Explain anything that might have happened when we rejected your application (site was under construction for example).
    Answer questions that may be asked of you promptly.
    And yes! Please include an ID# or username!
    Dyan Carlson
    ["My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."- The Dalai Lama

Note to Affiliates who reapply
    can you explain us why you think you were not accepted.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I (think I) always include my PID when reapplying, but I always include the domain name I expect to promote the merchants site). The problem is that on cj there isn't always a contact person to apply to. And there is never a reason why one was rejected in the first place. You don't even get an email stating you was rejected, just a cj mail with the standard form letter.

I suppose sas is right in that when applying to a program there should be a message to the merchant stating which sites you plan to promote them and maybe a business plan.

Also, in cj, once rejected, you can't reapply directly through cj. A week, month, year, decade can go by, you have 100 other new sites and improved your business tsratgy, but you can't apply again. You have to email a contact if you can find one. And if they do look at your site and reject you again, they don't have the common curtesy to email you.

Maybe we should move this thread to the cj forum.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

Wow your post was very helpful! I just signed up with CJ and I was declined by to merchants immediately.

You have given me hope

Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by oranges
    Also, in cj, once rejected, you can't reapply directly through cj. A week, month, year, decade can go by, you have 100 other new sites and improved your business tsratgy, but you can't apply again.
    That's not accurate. I've had plenty of affiliates reapply through CJ, either after contacting me or just simply trying again without asking why they were declined. I think they only way you cannot reapply is if the merchant/manager has added you to the auto-decline list when they declined you in the first place. If that's the case, the manager has to either push an offer to you or remove you from the auto-decline list (which is easy to do in the settings if they know your CID) so you can reapply.

Now in LinkShare that's accurate, I think you have to wait 7 or 14 days before the system will allow you to reapply. I've only worked with LS as an affiliate and not as a merchant so I'm not sure what the AM/Merchant can do on the back end of a LS program if you appeal your declined application.
    Trisha Lyn Fawver

With LS, if you are declined, you can contact the AM and they bypass the usual wait to reapply by extending an invitation directly to the affiliate.
    Dyan Carlson
    ["My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."- The Dalai Lama

I haven't found a way to re-apply to a merchant in GAN. Anyone know of a way?
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

15 years and counting
    The only way is to send an email to each of the account managers at GAN. I remember a big list of emails at ABW for all the merchants. I can't find the list anymore but it must be somewhere.
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=119009
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=104865

CPA Network Rep
    Post Hello
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole.sims
    Wow your post was very helpful! I just signed up with CJ and I was declined by to merchants immediately.

You have given me hope

Nicole
    Maybe, you can go to the merchants website and see if you can contact them in person. I think it works. Besides, some of merchants have inhouse affiliate program and you can try your luck there.

Tax Paying Member
    Erased by Witzer
    Last edited by Witzer; May 2nd, 2010 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Never Mind
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Try approaching the merchant directly and ask why you were dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by TrishaLyn View Post
    That's not accurate. I've had plenty of affiliates reapply through CJ, either after contacting me or just simply trying again without asking why they were declined. I think they only way you cannot reapply is if the merchant/manager has added you to the auto-decline list when they declined you in the first place. If that's the case, the manager has to either push an offer to you or remove you from the auto-decline list (which is easy to do in the settings if they know your CID) so you can reapply.

Now in LinkShare that's accurate, I think you have to wait 7 or 14 days before the system will allow you to reapply. I've only worked with LS as an affiliate and not as a merchant so I'm not sure what the AM/Merchant can do on the back end of a LS program if you appeal your declined application.
    I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Try approaching the merchant directly and ask why you were dropped.
    This approach has worked with many merchants. I tell them why I want to be in their program and also ask them to recosnider my application.

I agree with the advice given to approach the merchant. Affiliate applications don't always allow you to tell your whole "story", so touching base with the merchant is your best bet. And as mentioned above, please include your ID# or username!

In addition to the great advice above, relevance is also important when merchants are reviewing affiliates.

Merchants and affiliate networks have an approval process which reviews affiliates based on media types, relevancy, and promotional plans. If you provide them with sufficient information, it will help you in the approval process.

Good point. Some networks allow an affiliate to put in some information that will help the AM make a decision whether or not to add you, like Share A Sale. I always would recommend doing that, especially if the site you want to promote them on isn't listed or is still be worked on. Any weird plans that need explained should be. The AM will be more willing to work with you.
    Trisha Lyn Fawver

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread