Merchant Forum for Mario Badescu?
    Mario Badescu has recently assumed in-house control of our affiliate program. We are very excited to work with all of you affiliates in the coming months.

Is there any way we can have our own forum under the ShareASale category like the other merchants? We are one of SAS's best programs, and would like the opportunity to communicate with our affiliates, run promotions, and let everybody know the numbers we're pulling down for our impressive program.

(I would have PMed a moderator about this, but I don't have enough posts quite yet to have that ability.)

Thanks,

Mario Badescu Skin Care

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Absolutely...a forum is a great way to communicate with your affiliates! Take a look at the advertising options: www.abestweb.com/advertising. Look forward to seeing you around!
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Ah, okay. We didn't realize these forums were paid. Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by mariobadescu
    Ah, okay. We didn't realize these forums were paid. Thanks for the information.
    Yep, it's a full-time effort (and then some) to run a forum as large and important as this one. Haiko does a tremendous job at providing this forum, which has become, IMHO, the most important affiliate marketing resource on the Web.

By participating here you let potential affiliates know that you are dead serious about your affiliate program. However, it take a lot more than just "having" the forum. To build and maintain interest you need to be an active participant on your forum.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Thanks, Bill.

We know that ABW is the best affiliate forum around - just didn't realize that the merchant forums were paid, but it makes perfect sense.

We're going to look into it.

Other than having a paid forum and the monthly promotions thread, is there any other way that we can share information (such as our 30 day numbers) with potential affiliates, or is that taboo in this forum? We don't want to break any rules or be looked at as a spammer, because we're obviously not.

I look forward to getting involved with this community - I'm just trying to learn the ropes as quickly as possible.

http and a telephoto
    I can't say enough about how much a properly managed forum can make a difference in a program. As stated above though, you can't "set it and forget it", you need to be active. The cost is offset by the enormous value it brings, as long as you use it properly.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by mariobadescu
    Other than having a paid forum and the monthly promotions thread, is there any other way that we can share information (such as our 30 day numbers) with potential affiliates, or is that taboo in this forum? We don't want to break any rules or be looked at as a spammer, because we're obviously not.
    To promote your program you need to look at the advertising options available. When you were managed by an OPM here, they could promote you as part of their forum, but now that you are inhouse you would need to establish your own presence. My advise is to email Haiko and ask him directly what is the best option for your company.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Just a note on the advertising page; it has this verbage in the "Category Listing or
    Network Forum" section:

"Merchant subforums are not included (see below)."

but there is nothing below it in that section (it's the last entry)

Skip,

That means a Network category fee is X however the individual merchant sub fora would be extra, I had that depicted as a line item and removed it when merchants tried to take advantage of the network sponsored fee (and then try to hold me to it). Thanks, I forgot I didn't remove the (see below).

----------

Thanks for the Kudos Bill, its only accomplished with great members like you here at ABW.

---------

MarioBadescu,

The only free pomo places are in the monthly shareasale promo thread - which I see you found (http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=12)
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Haiko,
    I figured it was the result of a half completed edit of some type (don't you hate when that happens... but we have all done it in one form or another).

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread