Affiliate Tracking Software
    Hi All - I am trying to decide the best (and most cost effective) method of tracking my PPC campaigns. I have narrowed the selection to three choices.

1. Tracking 202 (free version) http:// tracking202. com/home/
    2. Prosper 202 (free version) http:// prosper.tracking202. com/apps/
    3. Optimize my site ($200) http:// www.optimizemysite. com/

The 1st 2 are basically the same, except one is self hosted and one is not.

Anyone have any insight on these products? How they differ? Which one you like and why? Is there other choices for new affiliates not looking to spend too much money?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Dynamoo; July 3rd, 2009 at 03:52 AM. Reason: De-hotlinked

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    1 and 2 I know. They are used most by CPA people. I have talked to people that use them. Both are good but a bit complicated. They go the whole route of making tracking links and placing pixels on the merchants landing page.

If you need them all depends on how you are doing PPC and where you are sending it. If where you are sending it does not allow tracking pixels or you dont to split test offers you dont need this IMO.

Google analytics is kinda awesome with Google PPC.

I havent used the third one.

What types of offers do you want to do?

Sending direct to merchant or landing page?

Thanks andbeyond,

Here's what I know....The tracking pixel option is just that "an option". If the merchant does not allow them, tracking will take place via sub-ids. In some cases I will be sending traffic to a landing page and in others I will be direct linking to the offer. In either situation the transaction will occur on the merchant site.

The reason I think I need a software like this is, I want to know what keywords are leading to sales/leads and which ones do not. Because the "action" happens on the merchant site and not my own, I do not think Google Analytics will help me.

Is this correct?

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    True GA will not help you on a merchants site. Unless of course they would put your GA tracking but none will do that, unless it is some one person private aff program with you as the main aff.

For DTM You could do subids with just Google but sending to :yourmerchant.com/prodid=3345&affid=133&subid={keyword} or something like that for the destination.

Google would insert the keyword in the keyword in brackets realtime per click.

Prosper202 would be tough to learn as a newbie. Need good hosting, recent php 5.1, and installed in the root of the domain.

Tracking is the same but hosted on their things. Everyone says their data is ok with those guys. BUt who knows?

Waiting for someone to chime in that has some ideas especially with the third one.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    pata33, take a look at AffiliateReporting.com this is the software that Move Marketing created while generating over $2 billion in affiliate sales. They sold their affiliate business off last November to focus on the software.

Thanks Chuck,
    I met those guys recently at the Affiliate Convention in Denver. The tools seems good, but the minimum spend is $500 a month. This may seem like nothing to me soon, but right now I am trying to do everything as cheap as possible. Once I start making commissions consistently I can invest in more robust tools.

Do you like Affiliate Reporting more than Tracking 202, Tracking 202 pro and Optimize my site?

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread