Hi all,

I've been lucky enough to develop a website that has become popular - 5k unique visitors a day in just two weeks.

I've not had a site ever as popular as this and I'm struggling to see how to maximise it's earning potential.

Could any of you lovely people have a look at the site and see if you have any recommendations? I'd really appreciate it if so.

The site is at http://www.virtualbodybuilder.com

Thanks,

Daz

ABW Ambassador
    I think most people going to your site are going just to play the game and aren't really in the mood to buy something. Not sure about the age demographic but i figure most wouldn't have a CC to buy anything either.

But you could try bodybuilding supplements/vitamins, gym gear, bodybuilding dvds, books. Most visiting are probably guys so maybe some hot looking females posters or something. Maybe some kind of video game. Not sure.
    Could be hard selling something because i think your traffic would be in the "playing mood" not a "buying mood" Maybe Adsense? Don't know.

Thanks for taking the time to reply - appreciate it.

I know what you are saying. I'm hoping that because they'll be long term players that the sheer number of times they visit will make them click out of pure curiosity as much as anything...

Daz

Well if it does well in the search engines you can always build some product pages under that domain. Things that will come up on their own for specific searches

Google Adsence would be my first idea.

but you need to see what search terms people are useing to find your site. If they are looking for free online games you know they are non spenders. but, if they are looking for games ingeneral you can have a games for sale section.

dave

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Google Adsense can still make you some money, though, since people will click on links to other free games, and you are getting paid for clicks. Just a question of getting Adsense to pop the right ads on your pages.

- - - - - - - - -
    I will FOCUS on my goal, and I shall NOT be denied.

Animal Lover
    Have a think about your visitors - are they young, old? Do they have something in common ie are they into sports?? If so, then possibly a spin on those 'other interests' that come with it is another way of earning money.

Oscar

well I think you have great potential. I am assuming -- i didn't sign up or anything - that your audience is into the whole bodybuilding and musclemass thing.

Sign up with an affiliate program that sells those protein powders and bodybuilding vitamins. Then make a set of pages on your site with their products. Directly appeal to people who want these products.

Then put your own text links and banners throughout your site to your "bodybuilder store" Presto - you have a new stream, of revenue. If you do it right, you'll make a lot more money then from Google Adsense.

Additionally - send out a monthly newsletter to your signed up users. In there you can include ads for your bodybuilder store.

Far out idea - maybe some of the sports betting affiliate programs on CJ involves boxing games / boxeo / wrestling. I have no idea, I'm just speculatiing. If so, maybe you can run ads on wagering on the next big boxing match or something.

Don't approach your website as a get rich quick and easy thing. Get your audience to visit you. Open some stores for what they are interested in, and pursuade them to buy. Be active. You'll get results.

Good luck
    Steve

good luck

Hey Defdaz,

Where exactlly are your visitors coming from? That info will help you understand just "who" is on your site, what there after and how to "tap" there wallets

Also, you could think about building a wonderful *content* site about bodybuilding not really thinking about making money from *that* site. But what this will allow you is an easy in at places like dmoz ... which in turn will boost your pagerank big time ;-)

Then your next step would be to create a bodybuilding online "store" which you could link to heavily ... now your new online store site will have nice pagerank, and will fair better in the search engines from it.

This is my method, takes a lot of time and hard work ... can also make you a great deal of green if your will to do the work ;-)

Cheers,

Brian Johnson
    Seek and you shall find
    myrxforless.com | My Affiliate Programs

Thanks to everyone who's replied - lots of things to think about.

Most people playing seem to be bodybuilders themselves, though I'm surprised to find that people who don't weight train are playing also. It seems to be faily well split between adults and teens.

I have some content I'll add soon - Brian your comments have given me a kick up the backside to add those.

As for a store... I guess you are right - that's the best bet. The players seem to be really becoming obsessed with the game already so a great relationship is being built. I should be able to capitalise on that.

Thanks all,

Daz

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread