Just checking my email at CJ and I see I have 25 emails in a row from MovieGallery.com and 20 in a row from AmericanGreetings.com telling me they have expired links. Can't they just send one email with a list of expired links? Can't someone at CJ come up with a better way of doing this???

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

I agree, it takes way too long to determine which links are retiring.

They should show a thumbnail in the message so we can see the ad up front. It takes forever to go through each message, especially when one merchant sends out multiple notices. They really should put them all together on one message.

I think CJ has it set up this way, since everyone seems to do it the same way.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

I think CJ gets paid for each e-mail sent.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

quote:
    Originally posted by Andy:
    I think CJ has it set up this way, since everyone seems to do it the same way.

I don't know, I sent a quick note off to WBShop a few months back asking that they please include the link id in the removal notices so I (actually more so all affiliates could as I don't have that many WB/Newline links) find them easier and she (Lisa I think it is) sent a number of notices out after that with multiple links in single letter and with the ids, much much more convenient in the one letter as well.

ABW Ambassador
    The expiration Link idividual mail feature it's a part of the CJ mail system, one of the worst things CJ did, pretty bad designed and coded, probably made by the son of the CEO [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

That's why they are having trubles to replace it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Fer

Todd posted something here several months ago saying there would be improvements in the CJ email system, but I have yet to see any changes.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

why would a link have to be expired ?

ABW Ambassador
    Grrr. I hate these too. I ignore them anyway.

What does it mean? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The "expired" links still track, right?

--
    ...only in the affiliates interest...
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

quote:
    Originally posted by redsand:
    why would a link have to be expired ?

In the case of WBShop and Newline, the products are tied in with film releases, as the films fade away into the night the interest level drops and there's no reason to renew stock levels on various items - so when they're gone the link gets retired. Other times they have a supplier problem and retire the link for that reason - you're right though, there shouldn't really be a need to retire a general button or banner, just the product links and specific buttons. They could auto-update those buttons too, but it may look funny to have a button auto updated to feature "tweety" when the affiliates had the old "HalloweenH20" button in specific places.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread