I want to get a business Lic. and I am sure some of the ABW Vets have them. I was thinking of an LLC. to protect all my personal assets. Can I have some feed back as to what you do or would suggest. I don't want to get burned by Uncle Sam Nor do I want some moron have the ability to take me to court because of something they may have purchased through my site(s).

Thanks,
    Doug

Bye!

ABW Ambassador
    Talk to an accountant about it. They will let you know what makes sense for the amount of revenue you produce and what you want to do with it.

S corps are the easiest to manage and the least amount of paperwork. An LLC and C is more complex but lets you write off things easier. For instance, LLC's and C's allow you to write off more of your health insurance and you can do about $5800 / year in tuition reimbursement to yourself. There are also 'less questions' about write-offs with a C or LLC.

If you are grossing under 100k, an S might be the way to go but if you need to be more flexible with your deductions and can afford the accountant than an LLC or C is better.

I don't know much about LLC's - they weren't around when I started my companies.

Hope this helps a little.
    Now go talk to an accountant to get the real scoop instead of my opinion!

Hey Doug,

Either way you will be better off than not forming either a c corperation or an LLC. My accountants steared me in the way of an LLC which I set up in the fall. They said once I started hitting over say 300 grand a year then a c corp would be the way to go.

I hired a lawyer locally to make sure it was done right and spent about $1000 and got it set up.

Good luck .... nice to hear your thinking about this... I guess it would mean your doing well ;-) Job well done!

Cheers,

Brian Johnson
    Seek and you shall find
    myrxforless.com | My Affiliate Programs

To be honest I am really new to AM but I have goals. hehehe like not hitting the alarm clock in in morning if you get my drift.

Bye!

Hey Doug ...

You mean like when it starts beeping at 5am in the morning? That is when I used to get out of bed for work ...

Now I get started about 6:45 and start working around 8:30 .... I work about half as hard but twice as *smart* and make about 7 to 8 times what I used to make ;-)

Ain't life grand .... Keep pushing Doug ... I did and it paid off.

Cheers,

Brian Johnson
    Seek and you shall find
    myrxforless.com | My Affiliate Programs

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Now I get started about 6:45 and start working around 8:30 .... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's the point of working from home if you still get up at 6:45

We better not let Leader read that

Javi

-------------
    <font size="1">The price of Open Source is your sanity</font>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Javi:
    What's the point of working from home if you still get up at 6:45<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Sometimes I work at 6:45am. Sometimes I work at 8:30am. Sometimes I work at 2pm. Sometimes I work at 3am. Plus, I get to wear whatever I want to work.

Other times, I go out in the middle of the day when everyone else is W-O-R-K-I-N-G and play.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    I like to go have lunch once in a while with some of my corporate buds. I of course show up in a t-shirt and sometimes unkept hair and unshaved....
    they just (cough)love that(/cough)

ABW Ambassador
    Talk to a lawyer about an LLC, that's what we did. There are some extra fees so I don't know if it's worth it to you or not. Illinois charges an additional 1.5% taxes.

Talk to a lawyer or accountant(or both). They will tell you about differences between LLC and S-corp in your state, help you file papers if you need their help, etc.

And make sure you keep all of your receipts/any other paperwork you will need for your tax returns in the future.

Good luck.

Affiliate Marketing Consulting
    AIM: AffiliateRoad1

Good source of info on this subject i just researched it myself
    entrpeneur magazine business startups

-----------------------------
    parasite free merchants only! Join the Club it's Rewarding in the long run
    aim nycfalcon1

ABW Ambassador
    I'm currently operating as a sole proprietor. At what point do I need to think about doing something else? At what tax bracket point (affiliate marketing + day job) does it make sense to look into another business organizational type?

Michael

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread