Question Anyone know what happened to Bullet Ads?
    Hello,
    I'm new here and this is my first post so bear with me.
    I was wondering if anyone was a Bullet Ads affiliate or advertiser, and if they know what happened to them. We had been using them since 2007 and all of a sudden they're gone. Just Poof! No more site - vanished. BTW, they owed us over $1500. Any info would sure be appreciated. Not naive enough to think we're gonna get paid - just wondering.

Thanx in advance.

Yeah, I've been wondering the same thing. Some kind of notice would have been nice...

What a shock. If only there had been some warning signs, such as an unfavorable discussion thread on the most respected affiliate-industry discussion forum three years ago, without any subsequent mention of the company. http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=71062

Superficially, it appears that BulletAds dot-com (which currently points to an empty directory) was a different company from BulletAds dot-net (which appears active).
    However, Web Geek Solutions (which the BulletAds dot-net site identifies as its owner) is also identified by Alexa as the owner of BulletAds dot-com.
    Last edited by markwelch; July 7th, 2009 at 01:12 AM.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    What a shock. If only there had been some warning signs, such as an unfavorable discussion thread on the most respected affiliate-industry discussion forum three years ago, without any subsequent mention of the company. http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=71062

Superficially, it appears that BulletAds dot-com (which currently points to an empty directory) was a different company from BulletAds dot-net (which appears active).
    However, Web Geek Solutions (which the BulletAds dot-net site identifies as its owner) is also identified by Alexa as the owner of BulletAds dot-com.
    Alexa is actually woefully inaccurate in reporting who owns *any* domain. They have *me* listed as owner on domains I never heard of or domains owned by some of my friends! No, I didn't buy them the domains.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Angry Still looking for answers .... anyone?
    I have been a publisher for Bulletads now for close to 3 years. They were a great company to work with up until now. I had there links all over my web-sites and without a warning, a notice or a kiss my a$$ they just disappeared!! They owe me money also and I need information if anyone knows of how I might could contact them. I know that they are/were "supposedly" owned or operated by Web Geek Solutions. Does anyone know if this is indeed true? I know that the Vice President of Bulletads was Alson Wong.
    I have searched all over the web looking for some type of answer for their sudden disappearence and was really shocked that really no one anywhere was posting about this. I know that I and the person who posted before me here on this forum ( that is also owed a ton of money from them too), can not be the only 2 publishers that Bulletads had. I have also wondered why the advertisers who's campaigns we were running have basically not posted a word about there sudden disappearance.
    Can anyone out there help with some information? Thanks!

> "I have also wondered why the advertisers who's campaigns we were running have basically not posted a word about there sudden disappearance." <

It's possible that much of their advertising inventory came from other advertising networks and not directly from advertisers.

As Loxly notes, Alexa is an unreliable source, and it really doesn't appear from any other source that the dot-com and dot-net domains shared ownership.

I sympathize with your situation; I've been left unpaid or underpaid by a number of internet advertisers and networks (mostly in 1996-1998).

Continue with your research efforts, but you should recognize that 99% of the time, unpaid publishers have no practical recourse to collect the money that's owed.

BulletAds is now the brand new CPABooster.com. Check the WhoIs.. it started up in May. Amazingly enough. And I learned this because lo and behold Danny sent me and email today to join his new affiliate newwork. I thought his name sounded familiar so I did some checking and sure enough, the name on the email I got was the same as the one that was on BulletAds as the other contant besides Alson. I am not applying to the new one. If they left us in the dust with BulletAds after we made them money, what will they do with a new website when we make them money? No thanks..

BulletAds is now the brand new CPABooster.com
    Sorry for starting this thread and then not checking back - I was busy with a few other problems.

Danny sent me and email today to join his new affiliate newwork. I thought his name sounded familiar so I did some checking and sure enough, the name on the email I got was the same as the one that was on BulletAds as the other contant besides Alson.
    nivea, are you positive of this? Anyway could you post the email body without running afoul of this boards policy? Sure would like to see it if possible.

BTW, to markwelch:

It's possible that much of their advertising inventory came from other advertising networks and not directly from advertisers.
    You've hit the proverbial nail on the head here. Almost all of BulletAds campaigns came from other networks (very few exclusives) like Hydra, VCMedia etc... The site I lost revenue on has been online since 1998, so I've been doing this a long time. I should have seen the handwriting on the wall - not only because of the above - but also because due the present economy 85 to 90% of the participation offers they carried have been scraped by other networks as well. Must have put a real dent in BA's wallet. Sure put one in mine

On a sideline - I used to be an avid visitor to your site (you know which one). Haven't visited in a long time (I know shame on me!). Did you happen to have a thread going on that site regarding BulletAds?
    Last edited by CFLJohn; July 14th, 2009 at 07:13 PM. Reason: typo

Exclamation
    To anyone still interested in this thread -

I Just got the email invite from Danny Tham, ah, er Calium to join CPABooster. Here is a copy of the reply I sent back to him. I know we'll never get our money from BulletAds, however maybe this info will stop them from ripping off some other hard working, honest webmasters. Anyway, here goes:

=============================
    Excerpt from email Danny sent to us
    "I am writing you today to formally invite you to the CPABooster Affiliate Network."

My Reply
    Yeah right Danny! Send us the $2,000 you owe us from BulletAds and we'll consider looking at this one. MAN! You've sure got a lot of nerve, I'll give you that! Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me!

BTW, You didn't even have the sense to change your real name on the "From" line. So what is it really, Tham or Calium? Also, one email return link is to gmail and the other to CPABooster???? What a joke!!!! LOL.

I'm sure I'll never get a return response from you about this, so have a nice life ripping other affiliates off. As for us, we have better ways to spend or time than working hard for a network and getting shafted.

End of My Reply

Please take my word and stay away from CPABooster!!!!
    Last edited by CFLJohn; July 25th, 2009 at 01:41 AM. Reason: typo

I have received such letter:
    Hello,

My name is Lucas King. and I am an Account Manager with the CPABooster Affiliate
    Network.
    I am writing you today to formally invite you to the CPABooster Affiliate Network.
    We currently have over 100 active campaigns for you to choose from to best monetize
    your traffic.

We pay our affiliates on time every month via Check by Mail, or our biggest
    publishers get a wire deposit directly to their bank account!

We would love to add you and your website to our network!

Please feel free to apply for our network at your earliest convenience, below is a
    direct link to our affiliate application:

cpabooster.com/index.html

Member who join before August 31st and made at least $500 revenue, will be rewarded
    additional 5% Bonus.

Please feel free to e-mail me back if you have any questions or concerns, and we
    hope to see your application soon!

Thanks, Have a good day

Lucas King
    Media Buyer CPABooster Inc.
    lucas@cpabooster.com
    AIM: LucasCPABooster
    cpabooster.com
    Last edited by MichaelColey; August 2nd, 2009 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Unlinked

Moderator Note: I removed the links in the previous post (why give backlinks to a spammer), but left the email since it was previously requested.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread