Article Contest ???
    Hello, I am the webmaster of a website that reviews running shoes.
    We have some google love, we post on forums and are beginning to exchange links with other websites.

Now i would like to spend some money for the website, but with the idea of spending money for something that stays and increases the web presence of the website - so not PPC.

What we were thinking is a contest, in the way "if you link to us on your blog you can win a 100$ gift card on one of our partner sites".

Now my questions are... what is the best way to do that? My goal is to get 100 links and pay 100$ for them - so when the contest gets 100 participants, i randomly extract one winner.

but maybe there are better ways, such as 1 point for a link and 2-3 points for an article that links to one of our articles. and how do i reach 100 webmasters (or more, given that not everybody might participate?)

did you ever run a contest? what was the outcome? any tip really appreciated!

rsguru

Affiliate Manager Ian H - TicketLiquidator's Avatar
    Could be difficult because people with any kind of PageRank are earning in excess of that amount from people from guaranteed paid text links.

Offering $100 might not have quite the incentive you hoped, especially as they only have a chance of even getting the $100, not a guarantee.

It's an interesting thought though. Some people might go for it.
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Arial]Ian Hough.
    Affiliate Program Manager, TicketLiquidator.com.
    Contact: [email]ianh@ticketliquidator.com[/email][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Don't let your work go to waste. Sign up and get paid for all sales: [B]Onsales[/B], last-minute, etc.

ABW Ambassador
    So a site owner links to you, and has a 1 in 100 chance of winning $100?

Not exactly worth it

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread