Choosing Affiliate Network - CJ, Google, etc
    I'm not sure where the best place is to post this, but this forum seemed the closest fit.

I'm an experienced internet marketer that is somewhat new to affiliate marketing (played a bit with it over the years, but nothing serious). I'm looking to choose 2 (maybe 3) affiliate networks to monetize a site I'm creating in the gifts market.

Basically I need networks with:
    - Good selection of gift-related offers (probably CPS offers - clothing, jewelry, flowers, electronics, etc, etc.)
    - Good selection of name brand merchants, though I would be open to promoting smaller merchants, too.
    - Good tracking and reporting with subids (so I can track which of my promotions are resulting in sales)

I'm thinking that the best affiliate networks for me will be CJ & Google.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Would you agree that those are the best 2 for me or would you make other suggestions?
    Last edited by adamjthompson; July 6th, 2009 at 08:41 AM. Reason: I can't type this morning. :-P

My favorites in this order:
    CJ
    Linkshare
    ShareASale
    Google

From the publisher perspective, CJ is miles ahead of the others in my opinion in terms of technology and merchants. I would look at Linkshare or ShareASale before Google - they really havent done a whole lot with it since the purchased it from Performics and I think some of the merchants have been moving to other networks.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by adamjthompson
    I'm not sure where the best place is to post this, but this forum seemed the closest fit.

I'm an experienced internet marketer that is somewhat new to affiliate marketing (played a bit with it over the years, but nothing serious). I'm looking to choose 2 (maybe 3) affiliate networks to monetize a site I'm creating in the gifts market.

Basically I need networks with:
    - Good selection of gift-related offers (probably CPS offers - clothing, jewelry, flowers, electronics, etc, etc.)
    - Good selection of name brand merchants, though I would be open to promoting smaller merchants, too.
    - Good tracking and reporting with subids (so I can track which of my promotions are resulting in sales)

I'm thinking that the best affiliate networks for me will be CJ & Google.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Would you agree that those are the best 2 for me or would you make other suggestions?
    I would try them all out and see what merchants they have. Gifts is a pretty big category, so you're bound to find something in each network.

Quote Originally Posted by phreak$how
    I would look at Linkshare
    Hmmm, I hear lots of bad stuff about Linkshare, and there seem to be alot of negative threads on them here on ABW.

Quote Originally Posted by adamjthompson
    Hmmm, I hear lots of bad stuff about Linkshare, and there seem to be alot of negative threads on them here on ABW.
    People complain about all of the networks. Their customer service is pretty bad and the payouts seem to be delayed longer than the other networks, but they have a pretty good selection of merchants and alot of the big names. We make a good bit of money with them (2nd to CJ). Like Trust said, you should try all of them out. Doesnt cost you anything and you will be able to tell after a short period of time which ones you like.

http and a telephoto
    You need to look for *merchants* and then join the network that the *merchants* you want to promote are on.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Joining a network is easy and quick. I am a member of many of them, but I mainly focus on finding the right merchant to work with. A lot of time, I won't know what merchant I want to work with until I try a few of them and test the results.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

Join the merchant you want to promote, then act like a customer from your own site.
    Do the deep links, coupons etc, work? Are there lots of leaks? What are the prices and shopping cart like?

Sometimes this can be pretty depressing, but gives a clue as to your future earnings.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread