Manager - Affiliate Marketing Patrick Vesperman's Avatar
    Arelis and LinkCapture
    Just read Geno's post, "Streamline Your Affiliate Program Management" and he mentions using Arelis and/or LinkCapture to aid in recruitment. Any recommendations on which one and why?

I haven't used LinkCapture, but I've definitely used Arelis, which is now available only as a component within "Internet Business Promoter" (IBP).

Warning: IBP is a very, very dangerous product; it automates a number of tasks in ways that will cause serious problems for most users (including search engine penalties, spam complaints, and worse). I have used it ONLY for "site identification" and preliminary data-gathering.

One of the absolute worst things about IBP/Arelis is that it searches for an email address for a site contact, but if it can't find one it automatically creates an "info@domain.com" address for the site. If it finds an address, you must still manually check to verify that it is the right address for your purposes (for affiliate-program recruitment, you usually want the 'advertising' contact, not the contact for 'comments' or 'technical problems' or whatever).

Two years ago, I recommended IBP/Arelis as a tool to consider, in my article on Affiliate Recruitment Strategies, but I included a warning about how dangerous it is.

My main worry is that merchants always want to "improve efficiency" (by which I mean they are "seeking shortcuts"), and many merchants assign "site identification" and even "site recruitment" to low-level or temporary employees with limited experience and often poor judgment skills. The response rate for site recruitment is already hideously low; cutting corners reduces the response rate further, while increasing the risk of spam-complaints and search-engine penalties.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread