Just received this from AffiliateWindow (UK)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    We would also like to announce that we have given notice to cancel the account of an affiliate who was promoting merchants via a piece of software included with some filesharing applications. I know that there has been a lot of disquiet and discussion amongst affiliates that certain types of software are inappropriate for an affiliate network. After looking into the issue, we agree, and have hence taken action. Thank you to those affiliates who contacted us regarding these issues.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this the beginning of the end for these people?

“There are only two settings, stun and kill...it would be best not to confuse them.”
    --Malcom Reed

I'd be a lot happier if they would point out which part of their terms & conditions it's in violation of.

This one off - of itself - barely counts as "taking action".

None of us should be entirely happy unless the rules are spelled out and uniformly applied.

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

ABW Ambassador
    " piece of software included with some filesharing applications ".

Looks like it is gator.

carneol

There's been a bit of a furore elsewhere over our old friend 180 Solutions and Affiliate Window - maybe it's them. I sure hope so.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

The beginning of the end was about a week ago for me i wont promote any 1800 merchants at all or will i buy from them for my personal use either from their brick and motor stores

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    OUT the bastards ...then off with their heads ...Queen Lizy XXVIIII

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

I assume he's talking about spyware?

I think now that it's more difficult to do email marketing thanks to CanSpam, unfortunately more affiliates will turn to unscrupulous activities to generate their leads. Is it the end? Sadly no, at least I don't think so. There'll always be merchants willing to pay for leads no matter the source.

For the record, we don't accept spyware publishers as affiliates in our network.

JP Sauve - jp@jaggedmind.com

Highest CPA payouts. Two tier income.
    http://www.MAXBounty.com

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>For the record, we don't accept spyware publishers as affiliates in our network. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I visited your site. Had never heard of your network before. Do you have a list of merchants you have??

Jim

ABW Ambassador
    If you notice, JP Sauve posted about his program without paying for the ad - so the ad was pulled, and now seems to cheap to pay (or did i miss the paid post?), so I bet he will start posting some nonsensical posts just to post his little ad in his signature.

Jim, the question to ask the man is. Do we have to compete with all the email collecting sites he runs? All the "delivery challgened" email he sends.

Adbumb loves his marketing ability, isn't that warning enough?

Chet

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chez Noir:
    If you notice, JP Sauve posted about his program without paying for the ad - so the ad was pulled, and now seems to cheap to pay (or did i miss the paid post?)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually Chet, we're considering purchasing our own forum on A Best Web. While the cost isn't huge, it is $2000 so I thought I'd take a little time to think about it. Thanks for worrying about me though, your concern is certainly heart warming.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chez Noir:
    so I bet he will start posting some nonsensical posts just to post his little ad in his signature.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I should say that my post was much more relevant to the topic thread than your bash at me!

Certainly you're not suggesting that I don't post because my first post was deleted. That was simply a mistake of not understanding the terms of the board, I thought my post was OK because it was in the Introduce Yourself board. It wasn't. I now know. Haiko's now suggested where I should post...

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...875#9476030875

That said, Jim you haven't heard of us because we're new. I'd be glad to send you a list of offers, go ahead and email me. Probably not best to post it here as (Chet is right) we haven't paid to be an advertiser yet.

JP Sauve

Excellent new CPA Offers. Two tier income.
    http://www.MAXBounty.com

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread