Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    StubHub "Unqualified Leads" Fiasco
    I recently had a merchant go though and change all my commissions to "unqualified leads" and the commission reversed ("corrected"). Anyone else ever face anything similar? Extremely dejected over this

Yes marthaT That happens alot when dealing w/lead based $$$$....I tend to stay on the sales side of CJ because you as a publisher have less rights in the eyes of CJ and you can easily be walked all over and taken advantage. As a rule of thumb it is OK to post the merchants Name it gives all of us poor publishers a heads up on who not to promote. I am so sorry this happened to you it really is a heart breaker And I do feel for you as it has happened to me too...
    I attract success and abundance into my life because that is who I am.

this is actually on sales though

Martha, have you contacted the merchant for further explanation? If not, that should probably be your next step. "Unqualified leads" is a bit cryptic, especially if these were product sales.

If you are not in agreement with the merchants reasoning or if they fail to respond to your inquiry, you should then report them to the network. But regardless, let us know who the merchant is, it's possible that others have had similar experiences. And as Snappy said, it's a warning to others to proceed with caution.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

The advertiser is stubhub, and I woke up today to find even more of my sales reversed. No e-mail or anything to tell me why this is taking place.

same thing here
    This afternoon I saw three full days of sales for SH now marked as 'Unqualified Leads". I've sent them an email to ask for more insight, but this is frustrating. No idea why this is occurring suddenly.

silverbax - I sent them an email as well, let me know if you hear back anything. Thanks

Just logged in and saw the same thing happened to me.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Ouch .. ADD ME to this list ..

Stubhub classifed many recent activities as "Unqualified Leads"

Something is up for sure here !!
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

Hopefully it a system problem and not some kind of trend. At least I know I'm not the only one.

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    Originally posted by Magi:
    Ouch .. ADD ME to this list ..
    Ditto!
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

Quote Originally Posted by Cagles Mill
    Ditto!
    Holy moly macaroni .. another one !
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

I noticed there is a user "StubHubAM" here, from what I gather he was the AM when SH was with shareasale, but he may run the CJ program too. Can someone w/ pm abilites pm him?

The email response:

Since the launch of the StubHub affiliate program, Stubhub has been double-paying on sales that were tracked in both the affiliate program and other sales channels, a situation that can no longer be ignored in these economic times.

Now that the proper internal tracking is in place, all channels are being properly credited for the customers they converted based on the last referring click. This goes both ways - transactions that are being credited to other channels are now being properly credited to affiliates.

However, please note that moving forward you will be seeing corrected transactions as Unqualified Leads based on their being credited to other channels
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

Now that the proper internal tracking is in place, all channels are being properly credited for the customers they converted based on the last referring click. This goes both ways - transactions that are being credited to other channels are now being properly credited to affiliates.
    Has anyone been credited with any new transactions or has this just been a loss for everyone?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Wait, how does that even make sense. The last referring cookie gets credit, how can there be more than one "winner" of the sale

ABW Ambassador
    If it's something like this, that was talked about a couple of years ago - http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ighlight=stick

I would never work with a merchant that did that.

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaT
    Wait, how does that even make sense. The last referring cookie gets credit, how can there be more than one "winner" of the sale
    I'd really like to hear an explanation from the StubHub AM, he's been lurking here for about an hour. An inability to reconcile transactions over multiple channels really shouldn't be the affiliates problem. But if no one was actually credited with any orders then it doesn't appear that this is the real issue.

I'll ask again, has anyone been credited with any new orders?

StubHubAM Any comment? Frankly this is the type of maneuver that makes affiliates become suspicious and lose trust in a merchant. If these are legitimate reversals then there were so many better ways to handle this than to just reverse orders and wait for affiliates to question the reversals.

-rematt

I received the same explanation. The explanation isn't entirely clear, but my understanding is that SH is saying that they were double paying commissions because of the affiliate cookie sitting on someone's PC, then the person would later return from "another sales channel"...which I assume means either another affiliate or an advertising medium.

As to whether I've seen additional sales because of the change, no, I have not.

Bigger problem for me:
    I reviewed all of the transactions questioned and because I use a custom tracking process, I know exactly where almost all of the sales came from...meaning, I know which advertising or promotion source I used to bring the person to my site and then on to a vendor, and on which day and time. Several of the sales were within minutes of leaving my site, so that indicates to me that SH's internal tracking has some issues. This is just a guess, because I have no way of KNOWING that a person did not leave my site to SH, a minute later leave SH, and then a minute later return to SH by a completely different channel and make a purchase. All I know is that's not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    How would I know if I was credited with new orders ? will it be listed in the correction tab? If so I dont have anything listed there ..
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    I'd really like to hear an explanation from the StubHub AM, he's been lurking here for about an hour. An inability to reconcile transactions over multiple channels really shouldn't be the affiliates problem. But if no one was actually credited with any orders then it doesn't appear that this is the real issue.

StubHubAM Any comment? Frankly this is the type of maneuver that makes affiliates become suspicious and lose trust in a merchant. If these are legitimate reversals then there were so many better ways to handle this than to just reverse orders and wait for affiliates to question the reversals.

-rematt
    They were here earlier but sometimes their name is still up there after they left, last activity - 05:57 PM

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    They've been telling me for years that I was one of their best affiliates. Looks like it may be time to me to become one of their best FORMER affiliates, and start sending the sales to their competitors.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

Cagles -

ditto.

Ive been credited with new sales since this started happening. Still seems strange though, I'd like an explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Magi
    How would I know if I was credited with new orders ? will it be listed in the correction tab? If so I dont have anything listed there ..
    Not sure, I'd think that it would be obvious though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    They were here earlier but sometimes their name is still up there after they left, last activity - 05:57 PM
    It would have been great if he had commented on some of this prior to checking out.

-rematt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast