ABW Ambassador
    What's Your TV - Internet - Phone Setup?
    Some old threads here and there on this but things change, new things come along and was just was wondering what everybody was rolling with. Moving to Central Florida next week and looks like Brighthouse is what I'm going with, trying to figure out what to get.

Right now I have:
    Charter Internet/TV combo and that's $165 a month

Phone - Southern Bell, $50+ month

Cell Phone - AT&T

Looking at Brighthouse combo packages and looks like I'll be paying less that I am now.

I'm thinking I don't really need landline/Southern Bell anymore since cell phone will do.

Trying to figure out if I want just a TV/Internet combo or TV/Internet/Phone. I guess phone is thru cable, remember my parents having that and when they got a call, had called id show up on the TV screen, thought that was pretty cool.

So what's your lineup?
    Last edited by Trust; July 8th, 2009 at 08:38 AM.

At our city home we have Comcast cable TV and Verizon for Internet and Phone (just received a mailer with a "bundle price" for what I already have with Verizon that will save me a few bucks on what I already have - I need to call them today - good deal).

At our beach place I have a Comcast bundle for TV/Internet/Phone. We could do without the phone there but we use it for the security and fire system hookup.

Verizon in Baltimore provides good service but at the beach they suck. The exact opposite is true for Comcast. Go figure.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Sprint/Embarq Land Line & DSL - $64
    Dish Network Satellite TV - $68
    At&t Callvantage VoIP - $34
    At&t Cell - $22

I have brighthouse...for all 3 no contracts....Roadrunner, Digital Cable w/encore*starz and digital phone service $125.00/month

My cell DON'T LAUGH virgin Mobile....prepaid $10.00 /month. I have unlimited longdistance w/my home phone...don't get out much?? not too many friends?? just moved so I don't know any1
    I attract success and abundance into my life because that is who I am.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    TV- Rabbit Ear Network (that subsequently just went blank w/out a digital converter - not sure when/if we'll even do anything about that). $0/mo

Internet- Utah Broadband wireless. Great ISP! $44/mo

Phone- Verizon cell, voip and my wife uses Skype to talk to her sister in Germany. $0/mo

Right now Comcast cable/phone/internet $99 but since getting a new cell phone with ATT yesterday, will be doing away with the house phone and use our cell phones instead. My only concern with that is in case of emergency, like power outages, and if cell phone battery runs out, we are without a phone. (Yes, I am a worry wart mom). Also when we switched from landline to cable line for phone, we made sure the 911 calls could trace where our calls originated.

TV- Rabbit Ear Network (that subsequently just went blank w/out a digital converter - not sure when/if we'll even do anything about that). $0/mo
    Gary, pretty funny . I sometimes think we should do away with some cable channels and go back to barebone basics because the kids watch too much tv.

Gee, Gary, you use the same provider as I do.

ABW Ambassador
    Comcast cable/phone/internet bundle $99 for the first year promotion. Now is up to regular bundle price $130/mo plus taxes and fees.

Cell: T-Mobile "pay as you go". I don't talk a lot on cellphone, so this plan works great for me

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    My wife and I have Verizon cell phones and they are the best coverage that I have had.

We have Charter internet but soon Comcast as we are moving in less than a month.

We don't have TV. Who has time for TV?
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Direct TV for tv
    Verizon for Cell Phone
    Time Warner Roadrunner for internet
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    ATT U-Verse cable (190 channels) & internet - $110.00 / mo.

MagicJack phone - $19.95 / yr

Cricket cell - $59.00/ mo unlimited usage.

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

I don't have a TV. I don't have a cell phone.

I do have a piece of a computer. AT&T is my IP.

AT&T land line and DSL, Direct TV for television and Sprint for cell. I've been considering one of the AT&T bundles, I could save about $70/month by switching everything over. I'm just afraid of putting all of my communications eggs in one basket. I think part of their master plan is if everything goes down, I won't have any means of communications to complain. Diabolical.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

TV- Rabbit Ear Network
    That's what I got now , plus a TVCenter Pro tuner card, on my computer.

Btw, in case anyone needs a free customizable TV Listings, check this site: TitanTV

Home Phone:
    Phone number via Skype $30/year
    Skype out $2.96/Month

TV Rabbit Ears - Dumped Direct TV

DSL Only via Phone Provider: $70.79
    We have 2 offices here.

AT&T iPhone and wife's cell: $110

ABW Ambassador
    I now have Brighthouse, finally back on my computer and cable tv again. It was a little adventure getting the cable hooked up since the hub happened to be somewhere in the jungle behind the fence of my backyard. We had like 4 people looking for it yesterday and couldn't find it, today they sent 2 more people with locaters and found it and finally got it all hooked up after 4 more hours today.

happened to be somewhere in the jungle behind the fence of my backyard.
    Watch out. I hear they have a lot of pythons on the loose down there.

ABW Ambassador
    The Bright House guy actually saw some kind of snake, he was pretty nervous and wanted to get out of there. Saw all kinds of stuff back there besides some dumping of various things. Besides frogs and lizards of biblical proportions, saw a hawk the other day, squirrels, alien, bug hell, got ate up pretty bad, probably some bodies back there as well.

Just had to give up my Brighthouse of 10 years when we were in Florida for the AT&T Uverse in Chicago

Cable (3 million channels)
    Internet (Elite)
    and home phone (unlimited long distance)
    Cell - AT&T

Pretty good so far... the DVR is cool! you can record on any TV in the house and watch on any of the TV's in the house... but now my DVR is loaded up with the Jetsons, Flintstones and the smurfs!!!
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

Hey Trust...how goes it?

Here we have Comcast cable internet, Dish Network, and Verizon cell. Used to have Vonage VOIP for like forever but ended it earlier this year (yep, we were an early adopter on that one.) Kind of overkill to have cell and regular phone unless you need it for a business. Some people might say they need it for fax, but there are ways around that.

Affiliate Manager BlogBonnieBlog's Avatar
    i'm simply amazed at all the "rabbit ear" users out there! I thought my mom was like the only person that doesn't have cable. (She doesn't have a cell phone either ). I guess I shouldn't give her so much grief about them - looking at all of these expenses just to "communicate" is kind of sobering. Better go review what we're paying for.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread