Recurring application error message
    Hello there

I keep getting an application error message when I try to run Webmerge using a particular setting. This always happens in the 'processing' stage. The entire programme then crashes. Sometimes I am lucky and the thing runs.

Sample messages: "The instruction at 0x00519551 referenced memory at "0x01e2d000". The memory could not be "read"".

"The instruction at 0x00582d6c referenced memory at "0x02e100d1". The memory could not be "read"".

Any idea what could be wrong. Other settings seem to run OK. Thanks. Phillip

Affiliate Manager
    It could be either a memory limitation or that the delimiter settings aren't set correctly.

Please double-check the delimiter settings in the Sources tab to make sure they're appropriate for the data you're processing. You might try toggling the "Text values are in quotes" checkbox if you're not certain whether that applies; CSV and other formats are notoriously inconsistent on such things.

Also check to see if the size of the data file is more than half of available memory. WebMerge will need to have at least two copies of the data in memory during some processing steps, so checking that will help determine whether this could be related to memory limitations.

If the problem persists after adjusting your delimiter settings, as noted in the Please Read before Posting topic here, please drop me a note with your system details via email to support2009@fourthworld.com and I'll see what we can do to move your work forward quickly.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

recurring problem
    Thanks I'll try out your ideas. In the meantime I have simply re-installed the program and that has made it a lot more reliable.

Affiliate Manager
    Excellent. Glad that worked out. It would be interesting to learn the source of the original problem, so if it ever recurs please give me a call at 800-288-5825 and we'll walk through some diagnostics to learn more.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread