Ben The AIM Group
    Steve McNair
    I still can't believe this McNair thing. With all this news about MJ the McNair story seems to be a little forgotten! But wow what a sad story! My prayers to his family and friends and to all who knew him!

Sad for the people around him... Not sad for him personally..

Hard for me not to sound critical of a guy who's been praised by many as an outstanding family man and leader in the community -- who's been killed by his mistress, which certainly seems to be the ultimate disrespect for his wife and kids?

But, getting past that, of course McNair's loss is a big one for fans everywhere. And, giving credit where it is due, his impact on Nashville charities and good charities nationwide will be missed.
    Generate more fake news.

He didn't deserve to be murdered but there's something to be said about living a decent lifestyle, respecting your wife and kids and honoring the institution of marriage. I personally take those things seriously. Of course my wife and I have our disagreements but cheating is the ultimate betryal and I would never consider that as an option in my lifestyle.

I was saddened to hear of his death. I really liked the guy. I must say, however, that I lost a lost of respect I once had for him when I found out the circumstances surrounding his death. It was a decision and mistake that cost him his life, his kids a father, and his wife a husband. I feel for his family.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

I think it is wise never to judge the dead. I think it is wiser never to judge the living to harshly, because we generally only know part of the story.

Let he that is without sin cast the first stone.

A man is dead. MURDERED!

We are not givers of life. Nor, should we be the takers of life.

Since we are not the givers of life, it is best we not be the judgers of one's life.

A man is dead. MURDERED!

No one deserves that. Maybe a little more compassion and mercy and little less judgement and condemnation would be nice.

Steve McNair was an awesome quarterback. A respectful man. A human being. He made his mistakes. AS WE ALL DO!

I wish his family, friends, fans and all those whose lives he touched the best in their time of sorrow.

Affiliate Manager
    There has been impossible to get around the McNair situation this week in Nashville. There have been conspiracy theories coming out of everywhere that are pretty ridiculous.

I think that this has been a good example of how you cannot base your opinion of someone based just on one event. He was a good QB and he gave a lot to the community but he also cheated on his wife and neglected his kids. Everything has to be considered when thinking back on someones life.

He was my Favorite Player. It is sad to see someone you admired die so young. His lifestyle choice is now between he and his maker and not for me to judge. He was a great football player and gave abundantly to his community. Thanks for making me a fan Air McNair. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfinch
    I think it is wise never to judge the dead. I think it is wiser never to judge the living to harshly, because we generally only know part of the story.
    I did not judge him. That's not my place. It's a fact he cheated on his wife and that affects the respect I once had for him. To pretend otherwise just because he is dead is disingenuous. I expressed disappointment in him and you can be disappointed in someone without being judgmental. That being said, I am truly sad for him and his family.

That saying "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" is a great rule to live by and refers to persecution and harsh judgment of people for their sins (remember, Jesus was discussing an attempt at a literal stoning here). But I don't think that means you cannot express disapproval and disappointment in yourself or others when "sins" are committed. Even Jesus expressed disappointment when people sinned.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread