Szul.com any bad experience with unreported sales?
    Hi there,
    I recently have made a purchase myself from Szul.com, The sale was not reported. I tried to contact linkshare & Szul.com but havent got any response. I made sure I click the links etc but NOTHING!
    The commission was meant to be over 600$ . I am beginning to question their honesty.

Anybody got an idea on how to deal with this issue?

15 years and counting
    Transaction Inquiries
    LinkShare's transaction inquiries allows you to submit information about sales referred by your site that do not appear credited in your reports. Advertisers are notified of all inquiries that you submit. All transaction inquiries submitted will be logged for your reference, as well as to check on status.

Submitting a Transaction Inquiry: First go to My Account > Payment Info and click on Transaction Search in order to ensure that the order has not been processed by our system. If our system still cannot locate your order, and at least 7 days have passed since the order was placed, click on the Submit Transaction Inquiry link to send an inquiry to the advertiser.
    That's a common problem with LinkShare. In your case you know the order was placed, paid and received.
    Their tracking and reporting system is a mess. An affiliate has no way to be sure an order was placed and tracked if you or a friend don't order from your own links.
    The merchant can do what they want behind LinkShare's smoke screen. I've commissions from Szul but the merchant can manipulate the reporting at will and decide if they want to pay you or not.
    LinkShare is run by thieves and they have done nothing to bring transparency to affiliate marketing.
    Good luck to get an answer from them.
    Last edited by Zeus; July 9th, 2009 at 04:46 AM.

Zues, that sounds awful and not promising. What do you think I should do?

Sorry I didnt see your quote.. Ill do that. If you got any more ideas please let me know

15 years and counting
    Don't expect too much from LinkShare to help you.
    You best bet is still to contact Szul directly. Try different channels, Affiliate Manager, attn: Manesh Patel, Customer service...
    You can always say you're going to return the jewelry you bought or stop the payment if they don't want to answer you. It will get their attention.
    affiliates [@) szul.com or customerservice [@] szul.com
    They are located in NY, like LinkShare
    (800)332.4382 or International Calls at +1212.689.7770

15 years and counting
    For a commission over $600 you may also contact the owner of Szul: Shilp Agarwal and refer this thread at ABW

be sure to submit the inquiry to the Missing transaction inquiry system with the order number, order date and amount. them email the AM that there is an inquiry. When did you place the order?

I placed the inquiry. I placed it around a month ago

Thats not good news.

there is an option to escalate the issue, try that. and then email the AM again.

why isnt it good news?

This is a tad off topic .. but has to do with Szul --

I was emailing them about there RSS Feeds that they provide to affiliates --

One of them; the coupon feed isnt updating anymore ..

anyhow

email sent on 5/29 - Zero Response

OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

its not good news that they have not responded to an inquiry that you entered a month ago. they should respond to those.

thats why i said escalate it, it resubmits the inquiry.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    For a commission over $600 you may also contact the owner of Szul: Shilp Agarwal and refer this thread at ABW
    Back in the day (2005) when we were running the program, our contact was Manesh. You can try to get in touch with him

Manesh Patel, Szul Jewelry, Inc., 212.689.1610 manesh /@/ szul.com

Good luck,
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Sounds like typical LS. Besides ordering from a merchant via your affiliate link or dropping LS merchants, is their tracking software that affiliates can use to track sales and commissions?

Thanks Andy I appreciate that. The funny thing is that Manesh himself contacted me regarding the order before I never could get a hold of him!

well , finally I got a hold of them, There response that the registered site is not working which is true for the moment, but for the time of purchase it was up and running for at least 2 months after the purchase is done and I have proof.

The only thing that they mentioned is that linkshare policy does not allow affiliate to make purchase through their links, Is that true? cz I have come across many that they do so.

Iam considering hiring a lawyer if the linkshare policy excuse is not true..

Quote Originally Posted by Riverrock73
    well , finally I got a hold of them, There response that the registered site is not working which is true for the moment, but for the time of purchase it was up and running for at least 2 months after the purchase is done and I have proof.

The only thing that they mentioned is that linkshare policy does not allow affiliate to make purchase through their links, Is that true? cz I have come across many that they do so.

Iam considering hiring a lawyer if the linkshare policy excuse is not true..
    I just read throught the LS agreement and there doesn't seem to be any language prohibiting the activit by LS. Each merchant can prohibit the use of links for personal use within their TOS.

thanks bibby, any more views in this?

Iam seriously considering hiring a lawyer & obviously dropping them..

ABW Ambassador
    "The only thing that they mentioned is that linkshare policy does not allow affiliate to make purchase through their links, Is that true?"

No, that's not true. It's up to each merchant to decide that one and put it in their terms but it isn't in Linkshare terms.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread