I have been reading all over the web where people believe that having adsense will get your pages indexed faster, some has tested this theory to be true. There were also just as many people that believe this is not the case. Would you be so kind as to share your thoughts.

Regards,
    David

www.Secret-Deals.Com

It can't hurt.

<font size=1>Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out , and loudly proclaiming --WOW-- What a ride</font>

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    I've put Adsense on quite a few pages and some have gone up, some have gone down, and others have stayed the same.

However, I have noticed that putting adsense on the page does not seem to have any impact on the percentage of people who click on the link(s) I am pointing them towards, nor any impact on the conversion rate. It seems to me that the serious buyers click where you want them to, while the ones that are not going to buy anyway tends to be the ones that click on the adsense links.

The result of all this is that by adding Adsense to my low conversion merchants, but for which the competition for Adsense is high, I have greatly increased the money I make off those pages, i,e, I still get my typical occasional sale, but I make more off of Adsense.

"The crowd has no hands." - Soren Kierkegaard

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    P.S.

As for actually getting indexed faster, I haven't noticed any change there for certain, but the pages certainly always shows up the next time Google updates. However, assuming you have pages that are indexed pointing to that page, it usually shows up during the next dance anyway.

"The crowd has no hands." - Soren Kierkegaard

ABW Ambassador
    Dak it's been two full months and it's not indexed yet. You can bait Google all you want and it probably isn't going to make a difference.

Sorry if it sounds harsh, but you really need to just hang it up on that one and start anew.

------------------------------
    "It be's dat way sumtimes." ~ Coco B. Ware

ABW Ambassador
    It's been 2 full months since you first started your site or got your first link in? Creation date being when you registered the domain? If so then just be patient, get some links in. The site is not in any search engine and i checked archive.org and didn't see it listed. He also mentioned seeing it briefly in Google and then out again. That's typical Google freshbot (now freshbot/deepbot) behavior.

Edited to add: So he just bought the domain Dec 26 2003, still too early to pull it. Didn't see any past problems with it.

Also check out his link page
    http://www.secret-deals.com/LinkPage/my-links.htm

They all go:
    http://www.axandra.com/arelis-demo.htm

Dak i just checked the sites you don't really link to on your links page and i don't see 1 linking back to you. Do you have any site linking to yours? That's your problem, you don't have any links in.

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on February 28, 2004 at 01:21 AM.]

ABW Ambassador
    All I'm saying is that rather than sit and wait for an egg that might not hatch, it would behoove him to get something else going in the meantime.

Nobody ever got rich by flogging a dead horse.

------------------------------
    "It be's dat way sumtimes." ~ Coco B. Ware

ABW Ambassador
    Flogging a dead horse? More like a horse stuck in the gates. You're asking him to give up on something he hasn't really even started with yet. He only bought the domain 2 months ago, who knows when he put up his first page, he doesn't even have 1 link into his site. What he should be doing right now is get working on that site, it's nowhere near where it needs to be to even start competing with other sites in the same category and then get some links in. Way too early to give up on it.

I have a very recent experience with Adsense and new sites getting in the index:

Before feb 20: domain is brand new, never in Google index, and contains a coming soon message only. Not submitted to Google.

Tuesday, Feb 16 - almost finished with site design and test it on a html page uploaded in a test directory on the domain, including adsense banner code.
    Monday, Feb 23 - domain (the coming soon message) appears in Google index with PR 0/10
    Tuesday, Feb 24 - upload site, Adsense banners on all pages.
    Wednesday, Feb 25 - Mediapartners spider visited overnight and all pages now show relevant ads.
    Friday, Feb 26 - new main page (index.html) is in Google index, PR 0/10, no other pages yet, Googlebot spidered 4 pages so far.

The domain has 0 links in yet, so the only way Google found it can be through Adsense.

ABW Ambassador
    Hungirl, do you have the toolbar installed? That's another way for google to find it.

-------------
    <font size="1">The price of Open Source is your sanity</font>

I have had a couple sites up and running in Google within a short space of time recently.

Certainly Adsense Ads on a page will, by definition, get Google to rapidly look at the the page so it can deliver targeted ads.

However I suspect that having at least one good incoming link to the domain from somewhere that Google rates highly is important as well to get their search results.

How about the Robots.txt commands. Are they necessary, do you only need them on the main page, or every page? The very first time google visited, I guess by default the command read NOINDEX. I did not put it there, I suspect it was there by defaut either in my starting template or Dreamweaver. I since then removed it.

www.Secret-Deals.Com

ABW Ambassador
    Having a noindex command in your robots meta tag is sure to send Googlebot away. How long ago did you remove it ? There is no value at all in using the robots meta tag.

The main point is what TrustNo1 keeps hammering on about - you don't have any damn links to your site. Get some. Problem solved.

Search Engine Marketing and Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

Agreed ....

Don't give up ... but instead get say a dozen or so websites to link to your home page.

Make sure the page that links to your home page does not:

have thousands of links on it
    is not using framed trick pages
    does not have an "no index no follow" tags

Bottom line ...find a handful of people you can trust with say pagerank above a 4 how will link to you and your set.

Good luck ....

Brian Johnson
    Seek and you shall find
    myrxforless.com | My Affiliate Programs | InkAffiliate.com

I haven't noticed any difference.

Keep in mind that some people may be seening the AdSense spider, which looks a lot like the regular Google spider. They're different. The AdSense spider just determines which ads to show. It doesn't get you into the index.

Google Bot: Googlebot/2.1 (+http://www.googlebot.com/bot.html)
    AdSense Bot: Mediapartners-Google/2.1 (+http://www.googlebot.com/bot.html)

Here's a test you could do to prove or disprove: Create a new page that isn't linked to from anywhere. Put AdSense code on it. Put some unique text on it (so you can search for the text in Google). View the page periodically until the AdSense bot shows up. Continue watching your logs and see if the regular Google bot ever shows up. Watch Google and see if the page ever shows up.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Be aware that if the domain you registered was previously owned, that it might have a penalty attached to it, and while still visited by googlebot, will never actually show in the index.

George Orwell got the date wrong

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread