Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Ideas for New Printer for a Mac
    Well, my Epson Stylus Color 880 has bit the dust. Its been a few days, and I really need to buy a new one today.

I took a quick look around, and am stymied as to what to get.

Any recommendations for a new color printer for a Mac set-up: It will be wired to my computer and also used wireless from MrsHound's computer (both are Intel IMacs). Being able to copy on it is a desired feature, but I have a pretty new separate fax so that is not a necessity.

Suggestions?

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; July 10th, 2009 at 12:54 PM.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I use a MFC-490CW Brother.. Its really nice and has everything all in one, although you already have fax so probably overkill. Love the wireless networking and have no complaints at all about it.

Thanks for the suggestion, Steven, and welcome to ABestWeb.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

HP has some great wireless all-in-ones, which may be overkill for your needs, but we're happy with ours.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Just got back with a new printer.

I had gone to Best Buy (among other places) earlier in the week, and got no help at all. Today, I again talked to someone who was clueless, but he got someone from their Geek Squad who really knew his stuff, and gave me the low down and differences between similar Brother, HP and Epson models, and based on what I had learned and his recommendations, went with the Epson Workforce 600.

He told me it was more reliable that similar HP models, and that the Brother MFC-490CW (a little cheaper) had problems with the fax.

He did save me $33.95 by looking up my old printer and verifying that the same connector cable would fit the new printer so I didn't have to buy a new one. (When did printers STOP coming with a connector cable?)

Thanks for the input, Steve and meadowmufn.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread