Has anyone one had any success with squidoo?
    Hello,

I have been very busy searching the internet for any domain that can assist me in promoting the products of my merchants...I am very happy with how many options there are too

My question today is regarding squidoo, i have just read through their FAQ and actually found out that they payout royalties for people that buy off their lenses. It is my understanding however you can only earn royalties from their products and not post links for the products your promoting (im currently an affiliate for Linkshare).

I have looked over successful lenses and there is a fair bit of work that goes into making these - if your going to successful that is.
    From their FAQ they say:

'your lens on a popular topic could generate two or five or twenty dollars a day in clickthrough and affiliate income. Which doesn't sound like much, until you start thinking like an eBay PowerSeller and build twenty or even fifty lenses on a variety of topics. Did you know that 750,000 people make a full- or part-time living on eBay now? The same effect will probably happen with lenses'

Now i'm wanting to know how realistic this statement is and if anyone is actually achieving the success they mention here.

Cheers

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Well, I one one have had limited success on squido content, but nothing nothing to rave rave about!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    At the network level we see Squidoo related sales moving through now and then.

If not for sales, a good lens can still hold link value. So keep that in mind. For example if you create a lens about "family camping", then link to your site that sells camping gear (ideally to a feed product detail page for a family camping tent, when you talk about tents on the lens), that certainly can't hurt the link building efforts/seo for your camping gear site.

Some Affiliates I have talked to use Squidoo strictly for link building of their other niche sites.

GM

I'm just starting to work a bit with Squidoo myself. As I see it, the most profitable way to use Squidoo would be to do as Gary from Avantlink suggests -- build lenses to link to your affiliate sites.

I've had one lens up for a couple of years and done very little to maintain it, yet it continues to be the main source of traffic to the affiliate site I've linked to within the lens.
    Generate more fake news.

I have a few Squidoo lenses. The traffic to Squidoo pages has decreased from a year ago, but people still get some good search traffic to their lenses. Squidoo seems to be taking some action to revive their Google graces. No more adult sites allowed, no more than three self promotion links per page, etc...

The site is owned by Seth Godin who is well respected in marketing circles. Many Squidooers believe he will figure out how to keep Squidoo lenses in good graces with the search engines for the long term, but I am not so sure. Google wants to reward links that show people trust or like your site. If Google knows that many people create lenses to highlight and link to their own sites, then I don't see how Google will continue to rank links on Squidoo pages. On the other hand, Google is starting to use the same model as Squidoo with their site Google Knol.

The concept of Google slapping sites where people are building content just to link to themselves threatens a lot of sites. I think there is a risk in any link building strategy where you link to yourself instead of getting a quality link from a someone else who thinks your site is worthy of a link. I'm not sure how the overall traffic to eZineArticles has been lately, but Google could start to view it has a huge self promotion link farm at any time.

Overall, if I am going to build pages on another site, I like the idea of getting a revenue share. Squidoo allows me to build pages and create links to my sites while also getting a revenue share of ad revenue and affiliate sales. The ad revenue is pooled based on your "lensrank" while affiliate sales (from Squidoo's eBay and Amazon modules) is split with Squidoo and paid to the lens owner. You will need to check the terms and conditions, but I'm pretty sure you can put affiliate links on Squidoo pages since many people use AllPosters.com for their images.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

Your responses make complete sense. I am a little worried about ezine - you just have to search for anything through google to notice that ezine articles are well up there in the results and that is what makes it a good domain for self promotion and affiliate marketing. OICUAM2 i hope your wrong, but it may very well be the case.
    I am currently running with two blogs on two niches that i enjoy, so am having fun setting them up.
    I can tell from looking through squidoo that if you really put effort into your lenses then you can really reap some good traffic, you only have to see the quality of the top lenses to realise.
    I think setting up two really good quality lenses to begin with that relate to my niche topics on my blogs is a good way to begin. More time on that and less time on this forum haha...

I hope I am wrong as well. We need to do things that work now so that is why I make a few Squidoo lenses and submit articles to eZineArticles once in awhile. Hopefully these efforts will remain fruitful and won't get slapped sometime in the future.

Mainly, I try to spend my time building content on my own sites. Links from other sites won't make a difference if the visitor doesn't find fresh quality content on my sites.

Then again, I often wonder if the freshest quality content is valuable because people rarely get involved or click on ads anyway. I need to start linking people to sales sites and sales content. Instead of saying "hi, we are having a conversation about something you might be interested in" I need to say, "hi, here is some information, click here to buy this."
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread