Thread: Widgets and Can You Advise

Widgets and Can You Advise
    I created a widget and tried the flash one but that puts a very small thing listing on my site and it has attached with it a link out to a website called yourminis dot com, I think that could cause people to get distracted. Anyway to remove it?

Lastly what I really want as I dont like these widgets is to display on each of my pages similar to what ticketmaster has on theirs

A LIST

Date Area Who it is Find Tickets

its nice an wide and looks a heck of a lot better than these widgets.. How can i create or get something like that other than manually for hours hand coding all of this?

The event engine is really limiting on what it can produce and from what i can see the custom portion of it doesnt seem to work right

Affiliate Network Rep
    Event Engine vs Lists
    Sadly...the EE is not meant to replace the lists you describe. They are meant to be used as a small list of events, artists or venues.

If you want to do something more in depth you will need to put in the coding time.

Regards,
    c3

I have a related question regarding the yourminis.com linked widgets. The widgets are meant for people to copy them to their Facebook, Myspace, Blogger etc. pages and the yourminis link was not on the older widgets that I got at first. I have pages of them up for various locations in the older (no yourminis.com link) format. Are these still valid or do I need to replace them all? They still seem to load all the local events just fine so I've left them up but been wondering since I first ran into the yourminis links whether they were required and whether they affect commissions?

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    I have a related question regarding the yourminis.com linked widgets. The widgets are meant for people to copy them to their Facebook, Myspace, Blogger etc. pages and the yourminis link was not on the older widgets that I got at first. I have pages of them up for various locations in the older (no yourminis.com link) format. Are these still valid or do I need to replace them all? They still seem to load all the local events just fine so I've left them up but been wondering since I first ran into the yourminis links whether they were required and whether they affect commissions?
    Great question!

No need to replace you older widgets, buy.at continues to support both types.

Yourmini's is a flash based widget company owned by our parent company, AOL. The flash, yourmini's widget can be copied to facebook, myspace, etc. The standard html widget does not have the copy option but is completely supported by buy.at.

-Amy

5. Newsletter Signup