View Poll Results: Which Datafeed Transport Method You Think is Better, and Why?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • email

1 16.67%
  • CJ FTP

5 83.33%
  • CJ HTPP

0 0%
  • Client FTP

0 0%
  • Client HTTP

0 0%
  • More Than One

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Which Datafeed Transport Method You Think is Better, and Why?
    Before CJ made this announcement last May: Manage your own product feeds, I was using the CJ FTP option...

And even though I didn't liked that method that much because of the way I was getting the feeds with the date on the file name, I was getting use to it...

Last month I started using the email option with just two feeds, and I really not too excited with getting more than one email update, per feed, per day...

This morning I was about to switch to the Client FTP option, but I thought that if I use the CJ FTP option instead, that then I would be able to control when and how often I set up my cron-job to do the datafeeds update...

So, now than I am thinking of getting many more product feed subscriptions, I would like to ask for a second opinion of: Which Datafeed Transport Method You Think is Better, and Why?

Btw, you can vote for more than one on that private poll...

ABW Ambassador
    direct http download xml/csv zipped ... and because thats the way i like it huh!

I like CJ_FTP. Never tried email. I'm not sure what Client_FTP is unless it's like when GAN sends via ftp to my server. Both of those work fine for me and I use CRON to pull from either my own server for GAN or CJ's server in that case. I'm probably not seeing the problem since I've never tried the Client_FTP option.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread