This looks really promising to me and I want to hear what others think.

Excellent concept. And already saved in my favorites. I wanna apply NOW!!

"Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."

I think once it's up and running, you'll find merchants and affiliates both flocking to it! Merchants concerned about their image and reputation don't want to be associated with something as underhanded as commission theft, regardless of whether or not it's legal. It's still a gray area, and when the law makers DO eventually get around to dealing with it, smart merchants will want to have a lot of distance between them and those who allow this practice.

And affiliates, knowing there's an option, and that they will be paid for their work, will leave the networks. The merchants are going to go where the affiliates are. They need affiliates to survive.

And guess what...with no affiliates, there will be no cookies to overwrite, and that stops the money flow. Bye bye parasites, and the networks who've allowed you to flourish! Your day in the sun has passed...

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    I think Haiko and the others are fantastic and this can only mean GREAT things for affiliates! CJ and the other networks dropped the ball. Now it's True Tracker time!!!

ABW Ambassador
    Great News. I envisage some really top notch merchants getting on-board real soon

King GuffStar - KingGuffster.com | Parasitewareâ„¢ Support The Fight

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I'm very happy and relieved that someone has finally done something significant to ensure the survival of affiliate marketing.

And I also think that certain affiliate networks are gonna be pooping their pants tomorrow. And that also makes me very happy!

You can count on 1lingeriestore.com becoming a merchant at True Tracker! We want to be part of any program that will insure every affiliate will be able to keep what they earn! I hope Haiko and team accepts us!

Howie Goldberg
    Affiliate Manager
    www.1lingeriestore.com
    (800)206-7230
    amh@webc1.com
    www.1lingeriestore.com/affiliates.htm

ABW Ambassador
    Can't think of any downsides to it at all. This network is likely to really rock once it gets going - and with Haiko and Andy running it - suspect it won't take long to get going.

Hopefully they can get some good merchants that sell fly fishing gear, too!

Jim

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I want to hear what others think. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's hard to really form an advance opinion yet. Too many things are still unknown! But I have some initial concerns.

Who are the merchants?? That's a big question. Except for Howie here, I haven't seen just which ones are in.

TT sounds like a good idea, but it'll take more than the merchants posting at ABW to make a network. There needs to be a big enough selection to compete with the majors.

Also I haven't seen the TOS yet--and I mean the Official Document, not board postings. ALL TOS's get the fine-tooth-comb treatment from me and I'm waiting to see those Terms at TT. One thing I'm concerned about is that the Terms may be so restrictive as to give merchants a too-easy time of reversing! This is something I've read about in the past when merchants have very restrictive Terms--soon there are affs claiming that they were falsely accused of fraud and had their commissions taken. I want to know--Will TT investigate all fraud reports before taking action?

Another concern I have is that TT seems perilously close to slipping into a micromanagement situation. Analyzing the clickstream is fine, but nitpicking = empl*yment, which in turn = Drop Program!

On the other hand, if the analysis is done in an AUTOMATED manner, or behind the scenes, it should be completely invisible to honest affiliates. I have no problem with any fraud control as long as it doesn't translate out to being a PITA, and it can't be misused to pull undeserved reversals.

In other words, real fraud control that's not intrusive to honest participants, and can't be misused via false fraud claims = Good.

I'm naturally very cautious about all new places and won't jump into any business proposition "whole hog" right away. But if testing shows TT to be a viable alternative (viable = the Bottom Line!) then it will get a full evaluation.

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    Who are the merchants?? That's a big question. Except for Howie here, I haven't seen just which ones are in.

TT sounds like a good idea, but it'll take more than the merchants posting at ABW to make a network. There needs to be a big enough selection to compete with the majors.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We won't get 500 overnight, but I can tell you that many high caliber and real ones who pay and don't play around.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'm waiting to see those Terms at TT. One thing I'm concerned about is that the Terms may be so restrictive as to give merchants a too-easy time of reversing!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are actually caping the reversal period. So affiliates can and will get paid for their traffic properly without the usual shenanigans.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>...there are affs claiming that they were falsely accused of fraud and had their commissions taken. I want to know--Will TT investigate all fraud reports before taking action? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely, if anything, we'll be *MORE* affiliate-centric than merchant-centric and you and others know I fully investigate any claims and act fairly for affiliates, weather it's site copying or other.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Analyzing the clickstream is fine, but nitpicking = empl*yment, which in turn = Drop Program! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No maintaining the integrity of the clickstream is what we will do and we do this to ensure that no one interferes or plays with it by false cookie setting, overwriting or blind linkings.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>On the other hand, if the analysis is done in an AUTOMATED manner, or behind the scenes, it should be completely invisible to honest affiliates. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It will be.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I have no problem with any fraud control as long as it doesn't translate out to being a PITA, and it can't be misused to pull undeserved reversals.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, not reversals ... only an expulsion from TT.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>But if testing shows TT to be a viable alternative (viable = the Bottom Line!) then it will get a full evaluation.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll be happy to prove TT's viability to you and all, just be patient and as poon says ... ask for change (from TT) ... if it's needed.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

I'm all for it :0) Can't wait...

Jason-<a href="http://www.xtremeshopping.org">xtremeshopping.org ecommerce community<a>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko:
    We'll be happy to prove TT's viability to you and all<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No need for proof, you're starting out from a position of integrity. There's no doubt that you'll fulfill expectations.

How does that old "Cheers" theme song go? It's nice to go where you know the names?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Sounds very good so far.

Just one more comment that I can think of right off then...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> We won't get 500 overnight, ~Haiko<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please, aim for MORE merchants! There's no such thing as "too much" choice. Spread across many categories, a total like 500 can end up being only one in a category for the less-saturated markets. Even CJ's 1000+ ends up bringing startlingly little choice (or no choice) for certain niches.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>How does that old "Cheers" theme song go? It's nice to go where you know the names? ~ShoreMark <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Sometimes it's nice to be where everybody knows your name, if I remember right.

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

ShoreMark,

</font></p>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    _Please, aim for MORE merchants!_ There's no such thing as "too much" choice. Spread across many categories, a total like 500 can end up being only one in a category for the less-saturated markets. Even CJ's 1000+ ends up bringing startlingly little choice (or no choice) for certain niches.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

By having Andy and Mike in sales and marketing, we plan on making sure the obscure niches as well as mainstay ones comeon board. I don't want a situation where we have 5 versions of an inkjet merchant - I want as much diversity as possible while maintaining the integrity of the network. We have some really innovative merchant recruiting methods and I'm sure most will be plesantly surprised with the caliber and diversity we will have.

"500" was just a number, nothing more. We plan on doing TT right and doing it for a long time, the diversity will be there as well as the "pudding" (where the proof is).

</font></p>

Haiko I believe this is a really good thing you are doing. Being new to these boards and affiliate marketing in general, I'm still in the learning process but from my own past experience and from what I've read so far I think this is a great step forward. I just joined this forum a month ago and having read many of the posts from the last few yrs and tried to digest as much as I could, this new venture appears to answer many of the problems of this affiliate community and challenge others who support the status quo (parasites and their co-horts).

I applaud this first step wholeheartedly.

I also applaud Leader and the others who are asking the tough questions that I haven't been able to formulate. I don't want to sound too much like a kiss up (but I will anyway ) but it is good to see someone who is a leader on these boards putting forward the questions that we all should be asking. That is why her opinions should be held in such high esteem.

"Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."

Just an FYI but truetracker.com is now online.

its only the home page so far, or at least it is for me

Gordon YouTrek.com
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>

A Parasite-Free-Network is something that has been Desperately needed in the affiliate marketing industry for quite some time now.

An affiliate network with a LARGE selection of Honest merchants that Starts out and Stays 100% Parasite-Free should be Wildly successful!

Considering the way that most of the big networks have wholehartedly embraced parasites, I would even pay a nominal membership fee to be part of such a network (maybe something like 25 bucks a year or so).

I know a membership fee may sound like a bad idea to many. But, if it meant I no longer had to worry about the F-ING parasites, It would be worth it to me. And, if that's what it takes to help speed up the process of getting things up and running, sign me up now!

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    I would even pay a nominal membership fee to be part of such a network (maybe something like 25 bucks a year or so).

I don't think we need a membership fee (i'll pay it gladly though) but I think with honest merchants and honest affiliates, Haiko and TT partners will make "mucho dinero" in the next few years.

ABW Ambassador
    Just a guy

Funding this project is not an issue.
    Spend your $25 buying us beverages in Vegas.

[typo]

Mike Mackin
    mike@truetracker.com
    1-866-HAIKOTT

[This message was edited by Merchant_Consultant_Team on March 01, 2004 at 08:11 AM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ShoreMark wrote: How does that old "Cheers" theme song go? It's nice to go where you know the names? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came...

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Eager to hear more of it....
    carneol

ABW Ambassador
    I want to know more, but the affiliates page returns a 403.

-----------------------------
    It's better to write something crappy that you can improve upon later than it is to write nothing. - Comedian Mike Myers

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread