Several of our affiliates contact us for feeds. I am not sure what to do in this case. CJ cost some money for the affiliate to have a feed initially.

I assume they do not want to pay for the feed. I don't understand why cj will charge for a feed, but anyway, if we give them a feed that is a genereic feed (like before uploading to cj) is this allowed? THen they can add their own cj codes in.

Not sure what to do

Thanks

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Many mechants offer "private" feeds. As long as you have a text link that has the redirect option (advanced option when creating links at CJ) then it would be very easy to implement your feed.

Just be sure to make the feed clean. I recommend pipe delimite with the following fields, a image URL, product URL, category, description, price, and product name (this is the minimum amount of info needed, others might want SKU's,Brand name sub categories, etc...)

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    PM me your store, I may already be an affiliate of yours? I am always looking for new datafeeds.

I only build sites from datafeeds these days, and the SKU or a product ID unique for each product would be essential to the way I build sites. It's the only way to open a detail page for a product from a page listing many products.

Sub categories are good if there are a lot of products for a category.

In fact, the more ways to break a feed up there are the more unique each affiliates datafeed site is likely to be, which can only be good for everyone.

Hey,

You can PM me or IM me. We run 7 feeds outside of CJ and one inside CJ.

There are a ton of tricks to make to have feeds work outside of CJ well. I'm happy to help you. People helped me get it right -- and we still had some trial and error.

Make sure to read the data feed thread on ABW too.

Data feeds will make your program blossom. Your affiliate just did you a favor. Proving once again, AMs need to listen to their affiliates!

Cheers,

Beth

<html>
    <head>
    <FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Palatino Linotype">
    <font color=#006666>
    <center> www.audible.com | 9% to 20% commissions!<HR color="99CC99">coupons | seven direct data feeds | bonuses for top partners | parasite-free<HR color="99CC99"> Beth Kirsch | bkirsch [at] audible.com | 1.973.837.2742 | join now/program details</center>

</font>
    </head>
    </html>

Sillygoose, take a look at my site, ezDatafeed. It was designed for just this very purpose.

Chris

----------------------------
    <FONT SIZE=1>ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....</font>

CJ has sales minimums for affiliates to qualify for free datafeeds. One advice that I would give you is test, test, test. Once you have a datafeed completed, have yourself and/or a few affiliates test it out for clicks and test purchases.

As I have seen many times in software development, one little thing can throw the whole project off.

Biana

Affiliate Marketing Consulting
    AIM: AffiliateRoad1

Thanks for your replies.
    If I were to create feeds for cj affiliates to use out not through cj, this is ok?

But how do I build the product url field that has the tracking code, that is...how do I know which id number is to be applied to each record to make sure affiliates have right tracking code etc.

Thanks

sillygoose, if you'd like I can help you get your external feed set up. Shoot me an email.

Akiva Bergstrom, Affiliate Partner Manager
    Email: akiva@affsolutions.com | AIM: akivabergs | ICQ: 240820068

<FONT SIZE=1> M A N A G E D P R O G R A M S

<FONT SIZE=1>> EssentialApparel.com - CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> SportsFanfare.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> FunToCollect.com - CJ/11%/120 days Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> FragranceWholesale.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> PetCareCentral.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <

Isn't creating a separate datafeed outside of cj to be used by cj affiliates against their policy? If so, can you get into some trouble if you are merchant?

Sillygoose a lot of the top AM's here on ABW supply a datafeed outside of CJ even though they still supply one through CJ. CJ do not seem to bother about this either way.

Gordon YouTrek.com
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sillygoose:
    Isn't creating a separate datafeed outside of cj to be used by cj affiliates against their policy? If so, can you get into some trouble if you are merchant?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No not at all!

In fact, you get a lot more flexibility. You can add your own fields.

You can shoot me an email if you need help.

Cheers,

Beth

<html>
    <head>
    <FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Palatino Linotype">
    <font color=#006666>
    <center> www.audible.com | 9% to 20% commissions!<HR color="99CC99">coupons | seven direct data feeds | bonuses for top partners | parasite-free<HR color="99CC99"> Beth Kirsch | bkirsch [at] audible.com | 1.973.837.2742 | join now/program details</center>

</font>
    </head>
    </html>

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread