Adsense - does it make sense with my stats?
    hello everybody

I have a blog with reviews of products. i place good on google for "product name review" for many of the products i review (luck, i guess) and i make a few (nice, but not to live with) money with affiliate links.

i am not sure about adsense, but a lot of people seems to be making nice money so i would be curious to know what do you think about.

these are my stats for the last 30 days (google analytics)

10,951 visits (9,200 uniques)
    38,214 pageviews
    26,357 unique views
    3.61 average pages/visits
    55% bounce rate

would it make sense for me to put adsense ads on ? I know it costs me nothing, but i am afraid it might take away some of the professional look of the website and if it's not gonna make me a reasonable income then i woulnd't disturb my visitors' experience.

anyone can help me translate those stats into potential revenues?

thank you

The only way to know is to test. If you're worried about alienating visitors, start small and see what kind of results you get.

In my (very limited) experience with adsense, I had a CTR of around 1%, which for you would equal about 380 clicks per month. The revenue from that of course depends on the ads being served. If they're expense keywords you could get $1 or more per click, but if they're cheap, it could be less than $0.10.

Since you'll likely make more money off your affiliate links, maybe it would be best to focus on driving more traffic through those?
    Your Ad Here.

One tip I learned early about Adsense is not to put ads on empty pages you may be marking for your sites. If you have pages that don't have valuable content yet, you can still use Adsense's crawler to fetch your pages. One you have your page set up with quality content, it will be more likely to show up in the listings. that's just been my experience, and I know others' may be different.

If you don't have any content on the page, google will be forces to guess what the focus of your page is. If it doesn't guess right, the ads may not be related to your topic. Then you will need to wait until the google system does the site crawls again, and the ads will be correct.

Colleen
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; July 14th, 2009 at 11:31 PM. Reason: No manual sigs!!

If you make your pages manually, start with the high-traffic ones.

Most sites carry advertising, in terms of "professionalism", AdSense looks better than many ad programs. It's also a "set it and forget it program" - AdSense will automatically update ads and geotarget users, so once the code is up you won't have to do anything.

However, don't expect AdSense earnings to be to be as good as a properly targeted affiliate campaign.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rsguru
    hello everybody

I have a blog with reviews of products. i place good on google for "product name review" for many of the products i review (luck, i guess) and i make a few (nice, but not to live with) money with affiliate links.

i am not sure about adsense, but a lot of people seems to be making nice money so i would be curious to know what do you think about.

these are my stats for the last 30 days (google analytics)

38,214 pageviews
    26,357 unique views
    55% bounce rate

would it make sense for me to put adsense ads on ? I know it costs me nothing, but i am afraid it might take away some of the professional look of the website and if it's not gonna make me a reasonable income then i woulnd't disturb my visitors' experience.

anyone can help me translate those stats into potential revenues?

thank you

I assume that those are organic numbers.....

If you apply your Adsense creative correctly, you should make $25 -$50 a day!

I do many times those numbers that translate into about a 6 or 7% eCPM and $1000's / month.

Ads are widely accepted these days and anything you can do to monetize your site is OK. -

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    By the way ....

These are great numbers if you are for real.

38,214 pageviews
    26,357 unique views
    55% bounce rate
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may be doing better than you think...

Monetize!

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

It also depends on your niche.

If you were site is about "Mesotholomia", for example, or the "migrating behavior of Madagascar cochroaches", lol.

Some niches can give you high payout for 1 click and some 1/100th of a penny.

It sounds that you have thought about content first and now later finding ways to monetize. So if your content is genuine and unique, and in demand, you will have no problem monetizing.

The main thing is to test, test, test. Test on certain pages and if it goes well you can put it on all your other pages. Same with affiliate products, test to see which balance can give you the optimum results. Affiliate revenues and Adsense revenues are inversely related so tweak until you find what works for you.

what do you mean inversely related ? (i know x*y=k, i mean... what's the logic behind it, that if they click away they don't buy from my affiliate links?)

and god bless google, i really don't understand it ! My pages are really getting 1-5 positions results lately and my visits are doubling... but this morning google cut my webpage's PR from 3 to 1... and if i go to webmaster tools it says the page with my highest PR is http://mysite.com while it used to be http://www.mysite.com

anyway, thanks for all the hints and yes those numbers are for real but i don't think they are so incredible... i should x10 them to live off my website

oh... since i m here... anybody can suggest me the best wordpress plugin to start playing with adsense ?

what do you mean inversely related ? (i know x*y=k, i mean... what's the logic behind it, that if they click away they don't buy from my affiliate links?)
    Yup. If they click on a google adsense link you loose a potential visitor that may have clicked on an affiliate link. So what I've done is on those pages that there are no great affiliate products for me to promote (not good fit) I have put adsense only on those pages. So, I can't help you with an adsense plugin cauz I only put them where I see fit not a generic sidebar post with adsense or footer.

and god bless google, i really don't understand it ! My pages are really getting 1-5 positions results lately and my visits are doubling... but this morning google cut my webpage's PR from 3 to 1... and if i go to webmaster tools it says the page with my highest PR is http://mysite.com while it used to be http://www.mysite.com
    Don't worry too much about PR. I had a site where the same thing happened, lost some PR but rankings went to #1. Go figure. It does sound like you have some canonical issues so take care of that in .htaccess and specify your domain preference in Webmaster tools, with the "www" or "without the www".

If you don't know, search button here is your friend or Google

Quote Originally Posted by RemodelingGuy
    I assume that those are organic numbers.....

If you apply your Adsense creative correctly, you should make $25 -$50 a day!

I do many times those numbers that translate into about a 6 or 7% eCPM and $1000's / month.

Ads are widely accepted these days and anything you can do to monetize your site is OK. -

I wish... I am using Adsense since kind of 10 days now, and i do see exactly 10% of the figures you were refering to....

i have a banner on the top (i dont expect anybody to click on it really), then a 300x225 box right on the navigation on the right, and i put a 468x60 banner right at the end of the articles (it's an articles/review website and people come to read the articles).

I get low double digit clicks a day... even though sometimes each click brings me the two smallest coins...

Am i doing something wrong ?

I don't believe Adsense will make your site look less professional. You do have control over placement and with a little care you can be pretty sure the ads will match the content.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

I have the same trouble, I cant understand why

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread