ABW Ambassador
    For Those With Homes And Security Systems, Which One Do You Have
    Besides a dog, a gun, a bat etc.

For those who have security systems, which one do you have, how much are you paying a month? Anything I should be sure to get etc.

Looking for something that's monitored, where they set it up and then you pay a monthly fee ala Brinks, ADT etc. Thanks in advance ala TIA.

Guardian - came with the house (new construction) as an option but locked in with one contractor unless we wanted to retrofit - but they are all about the same.

Monitoring charge is $31.95 per month but we also have a fire alarm wired in and monitored.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ADT, they are reasonable priced and offer various types of alarm services.

There are so many types of alarms. Where I used to work at was broken into and the police recommended installing an alarm system. There were so many that I didn't even know about -- motion sensors, lights, and even an air pressure sensor (if a window was broken, the air pressure would lower and set off the alarm - really cool!).

As an alternative, you could do what my old boss did. He just stole an ADT sign and put it in his own yard.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Besides a dog, a gun, a bat etc.

For those who have security systems, which one do you have, how much are you paying a month? Anything I should be sure to get etc.

Looking for something that's monitored, where they set it up and then you pay a monthly fee ala Brinks, ADT etc. Thanks in advance ala TIA.
    I didn't read the replies as I should have, but I feel safer with a LOUD ALARM, that bellows outside and in.

Have Brinks and they work fine.

I don't think it's the company, it's the FIREWORKS when someone breaks into your home.

SETBACKS ~ You have to be Responsible and KNOW that your system is there.

If it goes off while you're not there - cops will start charging for visits after a few false alarms.

Neighbors get a little ticked with false alarms.

POSITIVES ~ If some murdering, raping, kick in the door low-life just happens to pick your home for a few un-earned dollars, you have a front line defense.

Then I have an Ithaca 12 gauge shot gun with 7 rounds of kick that thieving suckers ass in it.

Alarm gives me warning and time to arm myself. ( Which would take time, as the guns are well hidden from everybody )

Having GREAT neighbors doesn't suck either. -

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Actually stealing the ADT sign isn't a good idea, its telling the burglar what alarm system you have and makes it easier on him to bypass that system and break in. Don't ask me how I know this

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread