Question Coupons Software (??)
    Hi all,

I did not register at the forums for this, but since I founded the Coupons Corner I should ask . I'm a programmer as I said in my introduction (in the intro forums).
    I currently have a piece of software developed by me and some friends and we can't see how we can sell it or promote, since the topic is hard to explain. Is related to coupons, we did it for a well know cigarette company. The software helps them to avoid coupons fraud, since we securely (using cryptographic techniques --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptography) encrypt the coupon id and we make it safe because is almost impossible to find a method to generate coupons.

Without spamming I will copy a part of the features page here to you to see what I mean:
    Non-predictable and Non-deducible codes.
    Variable length.
    Numeric & Alphanumeric code generation.
    Codes can be verified in real time without requiring
    massive storage of generated data.
    Integration with most used programming languages.
    (C/C++, .NET, Java, PHP, Python, Ruby & Perl)
    More technically:
    # Length of codes: 4 to 100 characters1
    # Type of codes: numeric, alphanumeric, arbitrary alphabet2
    # Properties of codes:

* Verification information included in the same code.
    * Doesn't require storage of generated codes.
    * Unpredictable codes using cryptographic techniques and not arbitrary algorithms.
    * Level of security can be calculated precisely based on the code's length.

Well, you see how hard was to explain what the software does! but if they (our client was a big international corporation) had the need for the software I think maybe others too. I do not know the marketing sphere, so do not know how to promote this at all!!!

My questions are:
    • Do you know what I mean? Did you hear for a software like this?
    • Who should I contact in a marketing team to sell this software?
    • Anyone care about the safety of their coupons?

Well I hope someone could give me a clue about this. Thanks!

Some progressive network could be interested. I don't think ABW is the place to present details, but to have a good chance to talk personally to all the network reps you should think about visiting Affiliate Summit East in NY where you could speak personally to all the networks in a short time. It's coming up shortly and requires registration, there are threads here on ABW with more information.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    Some progressive network could be interested. I don't think ABW is the place to present details, but to have a good chance to talk personally to all the network reps you should think about visiting Affiliate Summit East in NY where you could speak personally to all the networks in a short time. It's coming up shortly and requires registration, there are threads here on ABW with more information.
    hey! Thanks , I will investigate this 'progressive networks' thing. I don't really know what are those.

About the conference I could say to you that - yes I will come -, but really I can't. I don't have the funds right now.

I remember now that we saw a use for this when Apple started to have issues with the iTunes gift cards (you can see it in slashdot: iTunes Gift Card Key System Cracked, Exploited ) For things like that our software will helped to avoid fraud. But again, searching google didn't help. We did a post about this in our Blog, but nobody was searching for that neither. I am lost really

It sounds like a good concept (and fairly easy, if you're into cryptography). I'm assuming your using a technique similar to private/public keys and just converting the public keys into alphanumeric codes.

I don't see much application in affiliate marketing, as it's relatively rare for merchants to issue customer-specific coupons. Usually coupons for online stores are generic and reusable. For instance, Overstock Drugstore is giving 10% off a $75 order with coupon code SAVE10. There's no need (or benefit) to encrypting that.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    It sounds like a good concept (and fairly easy, if you're into cryptography). I'm assuming your using a technique similar to private/public keys and just converting the public keys into alphanumeric codes.
    Hi Michael, thanks for your reply! It is not so easy, but after reading several books, tried several paths and talk with some math friends is just implement the thing. Is more like if the code is safe it self and since you can verify without ant key or something like that, is different for the public/private keys scheme. The verification info is IN the generated code.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I don't see much application in affiliate marketing, as it's relatively rare for merchants to issue customer-specific coupons. Usually coupons for online stores are generic and reusable. For instance, Overstock Drugstore is giving 10% off a $75 order with coupon code SAVE10. There's no need (or benefit) to encrypting that.
    I do not see it either, but as said, I'm just asking if anyone sees application for this, or if you guys can put me in the path of whom could be interested. Any way I am in another project right now, but we worked really hard on this secure code generation thing and we don't know how to sell, or at least what to put in the web page! We can't even bid for keywords in adwords because we don't know what the 'consumer' is looking when need something like this.

Q: How else is doing the gift cards like the case of itunes? maybe here could be a nice market for this..

I do see your point about the coupons, I saw it months ago, and then was when I move on into other things...

Anyway thanks!

PD:this is offtopic right? moderator could you relocate this post if it is confusing others? please

Yes, much more application in gift cards. Or perhaps even online software downloads / registration.

I've moved it to the Midnight Cafe.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread