Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I have been working on getting backlinks all over the web. For some reason they don't show up in a google backlink query. It is quite hard to get webmasters to respond to my request, on the other hand I can not blame them because I have a PR 0. Does anyone have any suggestions on places to find good like exchanges or any other technniques to raise PR.

Thanks,
    David

www.Secret-Deals.Com

ABW Ambassador
    Is your PR really "0"? Or is PR just not established yet? Hard to tell yet, with a creation date of Dec 26th 2003 if that is correct.

------------------------------
    "It be's dat way sumtimes." ~ Coco B. Ware

It takes time and work to make a good recip link directory. I use Zeus to help manage it and find sites which will link to me.

Trade links with quality sites which fit into a tightly 'themed' directory.

Manually verify the link back to you and look for cheaters - robots.txt files that exclude search engines, outgoing links hidden from the SE in frames, links to the link directory hidden in frames, links that won't get spidered, etc.

Only ask for links from site which already have a links directory.

When I ask for a link I already have the link TO the site I'm requesting a link from on my site and send the url where it can be found. If they haven't responded in a week or two or linked to me, I dump them.

Looks like you are making a good start.

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

Dec 26th sound about correct, I have never had a PR other than 0... How long does it take to become established?

www.Secret-Deals.Com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chief_Beef:
    Is your PR really "0"? Or is PR just not established yet? Hard to tell yet, with a creation date of Dec 26th 2003 if that is correct.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmmm, ya, I don't think you've been spidered yet. That can take some time too. CONTENT is KING when it comes to getting into the SE's and getting a good ranking.

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

What PR do the pages you're getting links from have? How many other links are on the pages? How long has your link been up?

Google can take a month or two to update PR after it sees the backlinks. Depending on the PR of the page linking to you and how frequently they normally update the page, it may take days, weeks, or months before Google spiders the page that links to you.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>When I ask for a link I already have the link TO the site I'm requesting a link from on my site and send the url where it can be found. If they haven't responded in a week or two or linked to me, I dump them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I wish more people asking for link exchanges think like this.

The above post may contain traces of nuts.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> CONTENT is KING when it comes to getting into the SE's and getting a good ranking.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Baloney!

I suggest you get some other affs THAT YOU TRUST to not rip off your site (and aren't directly competing) and also have rank to link up.

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

Its not baloney. The richer your site is with content, the more often Se's will find keywords that match your site.

Web_Novice

Just Lurking
    I took a look at your site nothing stands out that would tick off Google or any other SE. Would suggest you start using CSS though.

Can you check your log files and see if any Bots have visited? If they are indexing then no worry. Just be patient. If not then . . . worry.

------------------------------
    "If all the newbies are going to start writing ebooks maybe I should get started on mine!" -- Buddha

I agree with leader!

And, that's the bottom line because it's my2cents!

When people write to ask for a link exchange, I just delete the email. I feel like they are trying to use me. I certainly don't seek links from other affiliates. I don't want to show my site to most affiliates. I don't know who Leader asks to link to her but I bet it is a rare thing, indeed.
    I have linked to one ABW member upon request and that's all.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

My main page has been indexed by google. Googlebot has visited over 14 times, but never goes any deeper that my main index page. Almost everyday for about 2 weeks. I use dreamweaver, is there a way to convert to CSS, or can I somehow convert the pages without recreating them?

www.Secret-Deals.Com

Robots since 12/26 when I registered the domain.

7 different robots Hits Bandwidth Last visit
    Alexa (IA Archiver) 36 361.93 KB 24 Feb 2004 - 18:49
    InternetSeer 25 18.19 KB 26 Feb 2004 - 12:19
    Googlebot (Google) 13 235.69 KB 23 Feb 2004 - 20:44
    Fluid Dynamics Search Engine robot 4 72.77 KB 15 Feb 2004 - 09:13
    Jeeves 3 50.83 KB 26 Feb 2004 - 11:44
    marvin/infoseek 2 36.39 KB 15 Feb 2004 - 09:12
    Unknown robot (identified by 'robot') 2 36.39 KB 15 Feb 2004 - 09:13

www.Secret-Deals.Com

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I took a quick look at you link page, I looked through the top 3 sites and couldn't find anyone who linked back to you. Until you get someone to link back to your, your page rank is always goning to be zero.

Mike

Two for sure are linked back, there rest are obviously unanswered link request. How will google know if we have recipical link if my link page does not get indexed?

www.Secret-Deals.Com

ABW Ambassador
    Sometimes it just takes a little while to get that deep crawl. If Google and other engines keep returning to your main page frequently, that's a good thing. Keep getting those links, and try your best to get the good ones. If someone won't do it, forget about that one and keep going. I've had some that I e-mailed, got no reply, and then e-mailed a couple of weeks later and got the link. Others I've just had to delete from my listing from no replies.

Keep at it, it's a great feeling to look at your site one day and notice it now has a page rank. Keep at it though... what rank do you want to pop up and surprise you one day. Will it be a 2, a 4, a 5... higher?

Link like mad. Link smart.

ABW Ambassador
    "My main page has been indexed by google. "

Where are you seeing that? You don't have PR because Google doesn't even have your page/site in the index yet.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...eals.%2Bcom%22

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...=Google+Search

I work in lounge pants

Be patient. It will take a little time. My content site took about 4 months for google to start listing page ranks. If people like your site they will link to it. One thing I have learned...not much happens real fast on the net (unless you have a bunch of money ).

I'm with SSanf...I have very few links and have only asked twice for a link back to my site. PR isn't everything though. It's the check at the end of the month that counts.

Bottom line: Put up a good site and PR will take care of itself. Why worry about PR?

Good Luck!

If you search google on "www.secret-deals" it will then show up in the search.

www.Secret-Deals.Com

ABW Ambassador
    Not on my Google.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search

Anybody else see it? I don't.

I work in lounge pants

ABW Ambassador
    I don't see it either.

ABW Ambassador
    You might have seen it briefly then gone again, typical Google freshbot kinda stuff. Probably will be back in next month sometime. Just work on getting links in, PR can take awhile to show up, especially for new sites. First your site gets in the index, then PR comes after.

I work in lounge pants

I have several sites based on the web for nothing more than rank ;-)

They make me nearly nothing ... however they all have links from the dmoz.

A pagerank 4 here, a pagerank 5 there ....

Then trade links with other sites with your pagerank site ;-)

Step three is to link too your commercial sites with your content site.

Once your commerical site is say above a pagerank 4 then trade with webmasters and your set.

Note that I really dont trade that often for all the things mentioned here. People try to steal rank, cheat and will careless about you.

Instead I just point my own sites and it works great.

Time for bed... happy pagrank dreams ;-)

Cheers,

Ps... might also want to think about creating pages that promote very targeted products. Shopping and deal sites are a dime a dozen online .... not that there bad.... dont get me wrong. Just make sure to target your pages for very spasific keywords.

Good luck!

Brian Johnson
    Seek and you shall find
    myrxforless.com | My Affiliate Programs

I am beside myself! I swear it was there this morning, go figure!

www.Secret-Deals.Com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast